From: Brade <bradezone <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Google Chrome fails on AJAX requests from SSL page
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.cherokee.general
Date: Tuesday 20th March 2012 21:26:56 UTC (over 4 years ago)
so yeah, this worked!
sort of =]

I ended up just using "RC4" in the ciphers box in cherokee (which actually
has a link to the accepted patterns for this value).
that's the one that got google chrome to play nice with POST submissions
finally...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Visit www.bradezone.com today and be a part of history! Technically!

On Feb 25, 2012, at 1:09 PM, Keith Hoffmann [via Cherokee Web Server -
General] wrote:

> I think the cipher would look something like:
> RC4-SHA:AES128-SHA:HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5
>
> Could be wrong though. I'm having the same bug, and I'm not sure if
setting the cipher is going to provide the fix I need.

>> 	[hidden email]	Friday, February 24, 2012 11:51 PM
>> Vserver -> Security Tab -> Ciphers box. The documentation for the input
format is at http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/ciphers.html.
I'm not 100% sure of how to specify that RC4 is the preferred cipher
though.

>> 	[hidden email]	Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:33 PM
>> This issue was started about my problem:
>> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=115558
>>
>> 2nd time I've heard the advice to make sure RC4 is the cipher of choice
for
>> cherokee -- is there any way for me to set that? This problem has been a
>> huge drag on my week >_<
>>
>> -----
>> Visit Bradezone today and be a part of history! Technically!
>> --
>> 	[hidden email]	Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:51 PM
>> Thanks for the links--very valuable info! From the looks of it though, I
need
>> to install Cherokee 1.3.0A2 and hope for the best?? That seems less than
>> desirable, especially since it's still "alpha" software...
>>
>> Someone else mentioned setting up a reverse proxy. Is that advisable,
and
>> what's the best way to do it? I read the reverse proxy section in the
>> Cherokee docs, but it wasn't totally clear where the best place to set
it up
>> (default or specific virtual server), and what kind of info source I
should
>> be using.
>>
>> I am getting hassled by the client unfortunately about this specific
site.
>> I'd love to get it working in Cherokee, but might have to switch to
Apache
>> within the next day or two if the solution is too wacky =[
>>
>> -----
>> Visit Bradezone today and be a part of history! Technically!
>> --
>> 	[hidden email]	Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:00 AM
>> Hey,
>>
>> It's known "problem" see discussion there:
>> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1284
>> and
>> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=98101
>>

>> Pozdrawiam
>> Jędrzej Nowak

>> 	[hidden email]	Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:55 AM
>> This is a really obscure issue I've been fighting for almost a week.
>> I am running a Drupal 6 Ubercart site on Cherokee--very standard setup.
>> When I am on the order screen where you enter credit card details etc.,
>> there is a loading bar that just hangs there which should show the
>> line-items that you are buying.
>> Similarly when I submit this form, the server will just hang for however
>> long the timeout is set (in my case, 2 minutes). After posting on
Ubercart
>> and Chrome forums, and testing in Firebug, I've narrowed it to the fact
that
>> it's a Google Chrome issue when an AJAX request is made from an SSL
page. If
>> I turn off SSL for the checkout pages in Ubercart, everything works
fine.
>> But of course I can't keep it that way--and every other browser I've
tried
>> works correctly on the SSL pages.
>>
>> I got this potentially helpful reply on a Google Chrome forum here:
>> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=7d50c093bd4f8f6c&hl=en&start=160
>>
>> /"Just FYI, the issue seems to stem around the fact that chrome doesn't
>> handle changing the order of the encryption algorithms very well.
>>
>> For example, I had this issue on a CISCO ASA. Turns out someone changed
the
>> algorithms to where AES256 and AES128 were above RC4 and 3DES. So ensure
>> that RC4 or 3DES encryption options are above the AES options on the
server
>> side and it should resolve this issue."/
>>
>> So is there a way to change this order in Cherokee? Do you think this
>> response is on the right track?
>> FYI I also left feedback on an Ubercart forum here:
>> http://www.ubercart.org/forum/support/3872/javascript_problem_drupal_57_and_ubercart_beta_7
>>
>> -----
>> Visit Bradezone today and be a part of history! Technically!
>> --

below:
> http://cherokee-web-server-general.1049476.n5.nabble.com/Google-Chrome-fails-on-AJAX-requests-from-SSL-page-tp5505174p5515554.html
> To unsubscribe from Google Chrome fails on AJAX requests from SSL page,
click here.
> NAML

-----
Visit Bradezone  today and be a part of history! Technically!