From: Willy Tarreau <w <at> 1wt.eu>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] haproxy-1.6-dev1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.haproxy
Date: Thursday 12th March 2015 00:02:14 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi all,

after Lukas made a very good point about dev1 being really needed,
I urged everyone around to finish what was pending in order to be
able to issue something working at least enough for testing by non
developers, and pushed it in prod on haproxy.org to taste my own
food before giving it to everyone.

I just found that we've put no less than 400 commits from 34 contributors
in 1.6-dev1, that's not bad at all!

I'll save you from the gory details, but will try to be synthetic about
the main changes I found by quickly reviewing the changelog. If I missed
anything, I'm sorry about it and I hope the author(s) won't feel offended,
otherwise voice in, don't be shy.

So here's what 1.6-dev1 brings on top of 1.5.0, in no particular order :

  - Linux namespaces support. Contributed by Balabit. Thanks to this,
    haproxy can be used as an inter-namespace proxy as well as provide
    everything needed for a single shared process to work somewhat like
    a multi-tenant load balancer for all namespaces at once.

  - Lua, contributed by HAProxy Technologies (the patches from Thierry).
    It offers support for high-level scripting in fetches, converters and
    TCP/HTTP actions. It's still very young and the API will likely change
    over time based on the testers' feedback, suggestions and criticisms.
    The goal is to offer something as flexible as possible in order to
    address all the small situations where we had to write a few lines of
    C to develop a new fetch/converter while a more advanced language is
    suited. I'm still very new to it but was impressed by the performance.
    So a lot of feedback is welcome here. Note, a doc was written, it still
    has many typos and english language errors that are currently being
    worked on, so please don't waste your time fixing them now.

  - shared secrets for TLS tickets, by Nenad Merdanovic. The goal is to
    make sure that all haproxy nodes in a cluster can encrypt/decrypt the
    tickets used by other nodes. For now it relies on a file with multiple
    keys (to ease renewal), but Nenad said he would like to implement a
    mechanism to push the new keys over the CLI.

  - mailers, by Simon Horman and Loadbalancer.org. Now haproxy can send
    e-mails to inform about changes in server states. I have not reviewed
    all the possibilities yet but at first glance it opens a wide range
    of possibilities. Some discussions here on the list have led to ideas
    of improvements. Feedback welcome here as well to help get a better
    idea how to improve it!

  - TLS certificate transparency, by Janusz Dziemidowicz. Very recent, I
    must confess that even with Janusz's explanation, it's not 100% clear
    to me what it brings, but I'm an asshole with SSL. What I understood
    is that it is only enabled with openssl 1.0.2 and used by some browsers
    for newer EV certs.

  - compression of HTTP responses 201, 202, 203 by Jesse Hathaway. As
    previously discussed, in 1.5, HTTP compression only handles status
    200, but Jesse had a valid case for other codes, so enable this as
    well. I'm fine with backporting this into 1.5 after some feedback,
    so please test and confirm that you don't see any regression.

  - no-ssl-reuse on the server side. I did this just for benchmarks when
    haproxy is used as an SSL client and after doing it, it reminded me
    a few paranoid^Wsecurity guys I know who don't want to resume sessions
    in certain very sensitive environments, and I realized that it would
    make this possible, so I merged it. I still think it will have little
    use outside of benchmarks though.

  - TCP_USER_TIMEOUT. Suggested by Thijs Houtenbos and John Eckersberg.
    The purpose is to let haproxy inform the linux kernel what timeout
    it wants to enforce on pending unacked data. That's terribly efficient
    for long-lived connections where you still want to detect a dead peer
    regardless of the kernel's buffer size (eg: think about SSH/RDP or
    connection pools).

  - many new fetches and converters. All arithmetic and binary integer
    operations with a constant can be performed by converters. It's also
    possible to split a string on words, chars, and to apply sed-like
    regexes to input strings. Now we can separately retrieve and change
    various parts of the request such as the query string, the path, the
    method, etc. That should make request rewrites much easier (which is
    still not a good reason for doing this).

  - a lot of code cleanup, not enough in my opinion, many functions and
    types still have to be renamed. The session, channels and stream
    interface were merged together into the session, making it much
    easier to navigate through them and reducing their overall size
    (less pointers). This later change was necessary for HTTP/2 and
    proved useful in simplifying the Lua code, so I'm optimistic here.

  - dynamic buffers : sessions only keep their buffers if they're not
    empty, and it's now possible to limit the number of buffers that can
    be allocated. It's also possible instead to limit the amount of
    memory and the buffer count will automatically adjust. The total
    memory usage has significantly dropped (divided by 2.5 in most tests,
    up to 6.5 in some tests). I also found a slight performance increase
    with some workload and small limitations that caused aggressive
    buffer reuse which improved the L2 cache's efficiency. But the first
    use clearly is to limit memory usage at least for the upcoming HTTP/2
    architecture which will require some chaining.

  - log-tag : make it possible for each frontend to provide a tag to be
    sent instead of the process name. That's convenient for people who
    split their logs based on the process name.

  - systematic use of pcre-study, by Christian Ruppert. Christian has
    done extensive testing with and without JIT, with and without
    pcre-study and found that always using study even without JIT most
    often resulted in very significant performance boosts, and rarely
    in a slowdown, but always a very small one when it happens. Thus
    we now enable pcre-study all the time for much better regex
performance.

  - the max syslog line length can finally be tuned at runtime. 1024
    used to be enough for a long time but thanks to log-format, people
    are dumping a lot of stuff there and supporting longer lines is
    sometimes desired. That's now possible per log destination.

  - external checker, by Simon Horman. The principle is to make it
    possible to execute an external command. Note that this may conflict
    with the use of a chroot (unless the executable is in the chroot)
    and can cause a big security issue in some shared environments where
    users can push configs via an API. For this reason, Simon took care
    of keeping the feature disabled unless it is explicitly enabled in
    the global section. In some complex environments (databases or
    other ones), it can be a simpler alternative to agents or checks
    to xinetd, especially when it's hard to deploy daemons on the
    servers for policy reasons.

  - cleanups to the startup script, by Adam Spiers.

I think that's about all for the big picture. With the number of changes,
some breakage is possible, though existing parts were not that much touched
and seem to continue to work quite well. New features might have some
issues
and that's why everyone is encouraged to test them and to report anything
wrong, or even better to provide patches to fix any bug.

Some observers will note that we still have not adapted the config parser,
it's being addressed. We didn't see the time fly. So some config breakage
should not happen now but could be expected in a future version for configs
which currently report warnings or which are really border-line.

Concerning HTTP/2, today I could work all the day on it again after 3
months of pause.  I found a solution to an important architecture issue
that had been bugging me till now. That's not to say it will be ready
in time, but that it has given me new hopes.

I know that some other stuff is pending at various places, we'll see when
new patches arrive. If you have submitted a patch that was never picked
nor got any feedback, please resend and complain loudly.

And please test and send some feedback.
Willy

---
Usual links below :

     Site index       : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/
     Sources          : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.6/src/devel/
     Changelog        : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.6/src/CHANGELOG
     Cyril's HTML doc : http://cbonte.github.com/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.6.html
     Gitweb           : http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git;a=summary

Here comes a long shortlog :

Adam Spiers (6):
      CLEANUP: extract temporary $CFG to eliminate duplication
      CLEANUP: extract temporary $BIN to eliminate duplication
      CLEANUP: extract temporary $PIDFILE to eliminate duplication
      CLEANUP: extract temporary $LOCKFILE to eliminate duplication
      CLEANUP: extract quiet_check() to avoid duplication
      BUG/MINOR: don't start haproxy on reload

Andrew Latham (1):
      DOC: Address issue where documentation is excluded due to a gitignore
rule.

Apollon Oikonomopoulos (1):
      BUG/MEDIUM: systemd: set KillMode to 'mixed'

Arcadiy Ivanov (1):
      BUILD: fix "make install" to support spaces in the install dirs

Baptiste Assmann (4):
      BUG/MINOR: config: http-request replace-header arg typo
      BUG: config: error in http-response replace-header number of
arguments
      DOC: missing track-sc* in http-request rules
      BUILD: lua: missing ifdef related to SSL when enabling LUA

Christian Ruppert (2):
      BUG/MEDIUM: regex: fix pcre_study error handling
      MEDIUM: regex: Use pcre_study always when PCRE is used, regardless of
JIT

Conrad Hoffmann (2):
      BUG/MINOR: Fix search for -p argument in systemd wrapper.
      MEDIUM: Improve signal handling in systemd wrapper.

Cyril Bonté (22):
      DOC: fix typo in Unix Socket commands
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: external checks can't change server status to UP
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: segfault with external checks in a backend
section
      BUG/MINOR: checks: external checks shouldn't wait for timeout to
return the result
      BUG/MEDIUM: auth: fix segfault with http-auth and a configuration
with an unknown encryption algorithm
      BUG/MEDIUM: config: userlists should ensure that encrypted passwords
are supported
      BUG/MINOR: config: don't propagate process binding for dynamic
use_backend
      BUG/MINOR: log: fix request flags when keep-alive is enabled
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: fix conflicts between agent checks and ssl
healthchecks
      MINOR: checks: allow external checks in backend sections
      MEDIUM: checks: provide environment variables to the external checks
      MINOR: checks: update dynamic environment variables in external
checks
      DOC: checks: environment variables used by "external-check command"
      BUG/MEDIUM: backend: correctly detect the domain when use_domain_only
is used
      MINOR: ssl: load certificates in alphabetical order
      BUG/MINOR: checks: prevent http keep-alive with http-check expect
      MINOR: lua: typo in an error message
      MINOR: report the Lua version in -vv
      MINOR: lua: add a compilation error message when compiled with an
incompatible version
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: segfault when calling haproxy sample fetches from
lua
      BUILD: try to automatically detect the Lua library name
      BUILD/CLEANUP: systemd: avoid a warning due to mixed code and
declaration

Dan Dubovik (1):
      BUG/MEDIUM: backend: Update hash to use unsigned int throughout

Dave McCowan (2):
      BUG/MEDIUM: connection: fix memory corruption when building a proxy
v2 header
      MEDIUM: connection: add new bit in Proxy Protocol V2

Emeric Brun (12):
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: rejects OCSP response without nextupdate.
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: Fix to not serve expired OCSP responses.
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: Fix OCSP resp update fails with the same certificate
configured twice.
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: Fix external function in order not to return a
pointer on an internal trash buffer.
      MINOR: add fetchs 'ssl_c_der' and 'ssl_f_der' to return DER formatted
certs
      MINOR: ssl: add statement to force some ssl options in global.
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: correctly initialize ssl ctx for invalid certificates
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: fix bad ssl context init can cause segfault in case
of OOM.
      BUG/MINOR: samples: fix unnecessary memcopy converting binary to
string.
      MINOR: samples: adds the bytes converter.
      MINOR: samples: adds the field converter.
      MINOR: samples: add the word converter.

Godbach (7):
      BUG/MINOR: server: move the directive #endif to the end of file
      BUG/MAJOR: buffer: check the space left is enough or not when input
data in a buffer is wrapped
      DOC: fix a few typos
      CLEANUP: epoll: epoll_events should be allocated according to
global.tune.maxpollevents
      BUG/MINOR: http: fix typo: "401 Unauthorized" => "407 Unauthorized"
      BUG/MINOR: parse: refer curproxy instead of proxy
      BUG/MINOR: parse: check the validity of size string in a more strict
way

Ilyas Bakirov (1):
      BUILD: add new target 'make uninstall' to support uninstalling
haproxy from OS

James Westby (1):
      DOC: expand the docs for the provided stats.

Jan Seda (1):
      BUG/MEDIUM: unix: do not unlink() abstract namespace sockets upon
failure.

Janusz Dziemidowicz (1):
      MEDIUM: ssl: Certificate Transparency support

Jeff Buchbinder (1):
      MEDIUM: stats: proxied stats admin forms fix

Jesse Hathaway (1):
      MEDIUM: http: Compress HTTP responses with status codes 201,202,203
in addition to 200

KOVACS Krisztian (2):
      BUG/MEDIUM: connection: sanitize PPv2 header length before parsing
address information
      MAJOR: namespace: add Linux network namespace support

Kristoffer Grönlund (1):
      MINOR: systemd: Check configuration before start

Lukas Tribus (5):
      BUILD: ssl: handle boringssl in openssl version detection
      BUILD: ssl: disable OCSP when using boringssl
      BUILD: ssl: don't call get_rfc2409_prime when using boringssl
      MINOR: ssl: don't use boringssl's cipher_list
      BUILD: ssl: use OPENSSL_NO_OCSP to detect OCSP support

Marco Corte (1):
      MINOR: stats: fix minor typo in HTML page

Matt Robenolt (1):
      MINOR: Also accept SIGHUP/SIGTERM in systemd-wrapper

Nenad Merdanovic (2):
      MEDIUM: Add support for configurable TLS ticket keys
      DOC: Document the new tls-ticket-keys bind keyword

Olivier (1):
      DOC: clearly state that the "show sess" output format is not fixed

Olivier Doucet (1):
      MINOR: stats: fix minor typo fix in stats_dump_errors_to_buffer()

PiBa-NL (1):
      DOC: httplog does not support 'no'

Remi Gacogne (2):
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: Fix a memory leak in DHE key exchange
      MINOR: ssl: use SSL_get_ciphers() instead of directly accessing the
cipher list.

Simon Horman (16):
      BUG/MEDIUM: Consistently use 'check' in process_chk
      MEDIUM: Add external check
      BUG/MEDIUM: Do not set agent health to zero if server is disabled in
config
      MEDIUM/BUG: Only explicitly report "DOWN (agent)" if the agent health
is zero
      MEDIUM: Remove connect_chk
      MEDIUM: Refactor init_check and move to checks.c
      MEDIUM: Add free_check() helper
      MEDIUM: Move proto and addr fields struct check
      MEDIUM: Attach tcpcheck_rules to check
      MEDIUM: Add parsing of mailers section
      MEDIUM: Allow configuration of email alerts
      MEDIUM: Support sending email alerts
      DOC: Document email alerts
      MINOR: Remove trailing '.' from email alert messages
      MEDIUM: Allow suppression of email alerts by log level
      BUG/MEDIUM: Do not consider an agent check as failed on L7 error

Sárközi, László (1):
      MINOR: deinit: fix memory leak

Thierry FOURNIER (87):
      MINOR: http: export the function 'smp_fetch_base32'
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: tarpit timeout is reset
      MINOR: sample: add "json" converter
      BUG/MEDIUM: pattern: don't load more than once a pattern list.
      MINOR: map/acl/dumpstats: remove the "Done." message
      BUG/MAJOR: ns: HAProxy segfault if the cli_conn is not from a network
connection
      BUG/MINOR: pattern: error message missing
      BUG/MEDIUM: pattern: some entries are not deleted with case
insensitive match
      BUG/MINOR: ARG6 and ARG7 don't fit in a 32 bits word
      MAJOR: poll: only rely on wake_expired_tasks() to compute the wait
delay
      MEDIUM: task: call session analyzers if the task is woken by a
message.
      MEDIUM: protocol: automatically pick the proto associated to the
connection.
      MEDIUM: channel: wake up any request analyzer on response activity
      MINOR: converters: add a "void *private" argument to converters
      MINOR: converters: give the session pointer as converter argument
      MINOR: sample: add private argument to the struct sample_fetch
      MINOR: global: export function and permits to not resolve DNS names
      MINOR: sample: add function for browsing samples.
      MINOR: global: export many symbols.
      MINOR: includes: fix a lot of missing or useless includes
      MEDIUM: tcp: add register keyword system.
      MEDIUM: buffer: make bo_putblk/bo_putstr/bo_putchk return the number
of bytes copied.
      MEDIUM: http: change the code returned by the response processing
rule functions
      MEDIUM: http/tcp: permit to resume http and tcp custom actions
      MINOR: channel: functions to get data from a buffer without copy
      MEDIUM: lua: lua integration in the build and init system.
      MINOR: lua: add ease functions
      MINOR: lua: add runtime execution context
      MEDIUM: lua: "com" signals
      MINOR: lua: add the configuration directive "lua-load"
      MINOR: lua: core: create "core" class and object
      MINOR: lua: post initialisation bindings
      MEDIUM: lua: add coroutine as tasks.
      MINOR: lua: add sample and args type converters
      MINOR: lua: txn: create class TXN associated with the transaction.
      MINOR: lua: add shared context in the lua stack
      MINOR: lua: txn: import existing sample-fetches in the class TXN
      MINOR: lua: txn: add lua function in TXN that returns an array of
http headers
      MINOR: lua: register and execute sample-fetches in LUA
      MINOR: lua: register and execute converters in LUA
      MINOR: lua: add bindings for tcp and http actions
      MINOR: lua: core: add sleep functions
      MEDIUM: lua: socket: add "socket" class for TCP I/O
      MINOR: lua: core: pattern and acl manipulation
      MINOR: lua: channel: add "channel" class
      MINOR: lua: txn: object "txn" provides two objects "channel"
      MINOR: lua: core: can set the nice of the current task
      MINOR: lua: core: can yield an execution stack
      MINOR: lua: txn: add binding for closing the client connection.
      MEDIUM: lua: Lua initialisation "on demand"
      BUG/MAJOR: lua: send function fails and return bad bytes
      MINOR: remove unused declaration.
      MINOR: lua: remove some #define
      MINOR: lua: use bitfield and macro in place of integer and enum
      MINOR: lua: set skeleton for Lua execution expiration
      MEDIUM: lua: each yielding function returns a wake up time.
      MINOR: lua: adds "forced yield" flag
      MEDIUM: lua: interrupt the Lua execution for running other process
      MEDIUM: lua: change the sleep function core
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: the execution timeout is ignored in yield case
      DOC: lua: Lua configuration documentation
      MINOR: lua: add the struct session in the lua channel struct
      BUG/MINOR: lua: set buffer if it is nnot avalaible.
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: reset flags before resuming execution
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: fix infinite loop about channel
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: the Lua process is not waked up after sending data
on requests side
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: many errors when we try to send data with the
channel API
      MEDIUM: lua: use the Lua-5.3 version of the library
      BUG/MAJOR: lua: some function are not yieldable, the forced yield
causes errors
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: can't handle the response bytes
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: segfault with buffer_replace2
      BUG/MINOR: lua: check buffers before initializing socket
      BUG/MINOR: log: segfault if there are no proxy reference
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: sockets don't have buffer to write data
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: cannot connect socket
      BUG/MINOR: lua: sockets receive behavior doesn't follows the specs
      BUG/BUILD: lua: The strict Lua 5.3 version check is not done.
      BUG/MEDIUM: buffer: one byte miss in buffer free space check
      MEDIUM: lua: make the functions hlua_gethlua() and hlua_sethlua()
faster
      MINOR: replace the Core object by a simple model.
      MEDIUM: lua: change the objects configuration
      MEDIUM: lua: create a namespace for the fetches
      MINOR: converters: add function to browse converters
      MINOR: lua: wrapper for converters
      MINOR: lua: replace function (req|get)_channel by a variable
      MINOR: lua: fetches and converters can return an empty string in
place of nil
      DOC: lua api

Vincent Bernat (1):
      BUG/MEDIUM: sample: fix random number upper-bound

Warren Turkal (1):
      BUG/MINOR: stats:Fix incorrect printf type.

Willy Tarreau (211):
      BUG/MAJOR: session: revert all the crappy client-side timeout changes
      BUG/MINOR: logs: properly initialize and count log sockets
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: fetch "base" is not compatible with set-header
      BUG/MINOR: counters: do not untrack counters before logging
      BUG/MAJOR: sample: correctly reinitialize sample fetch context before
calling sample_process()
      MINOR: stick-table: make stktable_fetch_key() indicate why it failed
      BUG/MEDIUM: counters: fix track-sc* to wait on unstable contents
      BUILD: remove TODO from the spec file and add README
      MINOR: log: make MAX_SYSLOG_LEN overridable at build time
      MEDIUM: log: support a user-configurable max log line length
      DOC: provide an example of how to use ssl_c_sha1
      BUILD: checks: external checker needs signal.h
      BUILD: checks: kill a minor warning on Solaris in external checks
      BUILD: http: fix isdigit & isspace warnings on Solaris
      BUG/MINOR: listener: set the listener's fd to -1 after deletion
      BUG/MEDIUM: unix: failed abstract socket binding is retryable
      MEDIUM: listener: implement a per-protocol pause() function
      MEDIUM: listener: support rebinding during resume()
      BUG/MEDIUM: unix: completely unbind abstract sockets during a pause()
      DOC: explicitly mention the limits of abstract namespace sockets
      DOC: minor fix on {sc,src}_kbytes_{in,out}
      DOC: fix alphabetical sort of converters
      MEDIUM: stick-table: implement lookup from a sample fetch
      MEDIUM: stick-table: add new converters to fetch table data
      MINOR: samples: add two converters for the date format
      BUG/MAJOR: http: correctly rewind the request body after start of
forwarding
      DOC: remove references to CPU=native in the README
      DOC: mention that "compression offload" is ignored in defaults
section
      DOC: mention that Squid correctly responds 400 to PPv2 header
      BUILD: fix dependencies between config and compat.h
      MINOR: session: export the function 'smp_fetch_sc_stkctr'
      MEDIUM: stick-table: make it easier to register extra data types
      BUG/MINOR: http: base32+src should use the big endian version of
base32
      MINOR: sample: allow IP address to cast to binary
      MINOR: sample: add new converters to hash input
      MINOR: sample: allow integers to cast to binary
      BUILD: report commit ID in git versions as well
      CLEANUP: session: move the stick counters declarations to
stick_table.h
      MEDIUM: http: add the track-sc* actions to http-request rules
      BUG/MEDIUM: connection: fix proxy v2 header again!
      BUG/MAJOR: tcp: fix a possible busy spinning loop in content
track-sc*
      OPTIM/MINOR: proxy: reduce struct proxy by 48 bytes on 64-bit archs
      MINOR: log: add a new field "%lc" to implement a per-frontend log
counter
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: fix inverted condition in pat_match_meth()
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: fix improper parsing of HTTP methods for use with
ACLs
      BUG/MINOR: pattern: remove useless allocation of unused trash in
pat_parse_reg()
      BUG/MEDIUM: acl: correctly compute the output type when a converter
is used
      CLEANUP: acl: cleanup some of the redundancy and spaghetti after last
fix
      BUG/CRITICAL: http: don't update msg->sov once data start to leave
the buffer
      MEDIUM: http: enable header manipulation for 101 responses
      BUG/MEDIUM: config: propagate frontend to backend process binding
again.
      MEDIUM: config: properly propagate process binding between proxies
      MEDIUM: config: make the frontends automatically bind to the
listeners' processes
      MEDIUM: config: compute the exact bind-process before listener's
maxaccept
      MEDIUM: config: only warn if stats are attached to multi-process bind
directives
      MEDIUM: config: report it when tcp-request rules are misplaced
      DOC: indicate in the doc that track-sc* can wait if data are missing
      MINOR: config: detect the case where a tcp-request content rule has
no inspect-delay
      MEDIUM: systemd-wrapper: support multiple executable versions and
names
      BUG/MEDIUM: remove debugging code from systemd-wrapper
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: adjust close mode when switching to backend
      BUG/MINOR: config: don't propagate process binding on fatal errors.
      BUG/MEDIUM: check: rule-less tcp-check must detect connect failures
      BUG/MINOR: tcp-check: report the correct failed step in the status
      DOC: indicate that weight zero is reported as DRAIN
      BUG/MEDIUM: config: avoid skipping disabled proxies
      BUG/MINOR: config: do not accept more track-sc than configured
      BUG/MEDIUM: backend: fix URI hash when a query string is present
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: don't dump debug headers on MSG_ERROR
      BUG/MAJOR: cli: explicitly call cli_release_handler() upon error
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp: fix outgoing polling based on proxy protocol
      BUILD/MINOR: ssl: de-constify "ciphers" to avoid a warning on
openssl-0.9.8
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp: don't use SO_ORIGINAL_DST on non-AF_INET sockets
      BUG/BUILD: revert accidental change in the makefile from latest SSL
fix
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: force a full GC in case of memory shortage
      MEDIUM: ssl: add support for smaller SSL records
      MINOR: session: release a few other pools when stopping
      MINOR: task: release the task pool when stopping
      BUG/MINOR: config: don't inherit the default balance algorithm in
frontends
      BUG/MAJOR: frontend: initialize capture pointers earlier
      BUG/MINOR: stats: correctly set the request/response analysers
      MAJOR: polling: centralize calls to I/O callbacks
      DOC: fix typo in the body parser documentation for msg.sov
      BUG/MINOR: peers: the buffer size is global.tune.bufsize, not
trash.size
      MINOR: sample: add a few basic internal fetches (nbproc, proc,
stopping)
      DEBUG: pools: apply poisonning on every allocated pool
      BUG/MAJOR: sessions: unlink session from list on out of memory
      BUG/MEDIUM: patterns: previous fix was incomplete
      BUG/MEDIUM: payload: ensure that a request channel is available
      BUG/MINOR: tcp-check: don't condition data polling on check type
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp-check: don't rely on random memory contents
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp-checks: disable quick-ack unless next rule is an
expect
      BUG/MINOR: config: fix typo in condition when propagating process
binding
      BUG/MEDIUM: config: do not propagate processes between stopped
processes
      BUG/MAJOR: stream-int: properly check the memory allocation return
      BUG/MEDIUM: memory: fix freeing logic in pool_gc2()
      BUG/MAJOR: namespaces: conn->target is not necessarily a server
      BUG/MEDIUM: compression: correctly report zlib_mem
      CLEANUP: lists: remove dead code
      CLEANUP: memory: remove dead code
      CLEANUP: memory: replace macros pool_alloc2/pool_free2 with functions
      MINOR: memory: cut pool allocator in 3 layers
      MEDIUM: memory: improve pool_refill_alloc() to pass a refill count
      MINOR: stream-int: retrieve session pointer from stream-int
      MINOR: buffer: reset a buffer in b_reset() and not channel_init()
      MEDIUM: buffer: use b_alloc() to allocate and initialize a buffer
      MINOR: buffer: move buffer initialization after channel
initialization
      MINOR: buffer: only use b_free to release buffers
      MEDIUM: buffer: always assign a dummy empty buffer to channels
      MEDIUM: buffer: add a new buf_wanted dummy buffer to report failed
allocations
      MEDIUM: channel: do not report full when buf_empty is present on a
channel
      MINOR: session: group buffer allocations together
      MINOR: buffer: implement b_alloc_fast()
      MEDIUM: buffer: implement b_alloc_margin()
      MEDIUM: session: implement a basic atomic buffer allocator
      MAJOR: session: implement a wait-queue for sessions who need a buffer
      MAJOR: session: only allocate buffers when needed
      MINOR: stats: report a "waiting" flags for sessions
      MAJOR: session: only wake up as many sessions as available buffers
permit
      MINOR: config: implement global setting tune.buffers.reserve
      MINOR: config: implement global setting tune.buffers.limit
      MEDIUM: channel: implement a zero-copy buffer transfer
      MEDIUM: stream-int: support splicing from applets
      OPTIM: stream-int: try to send pending spliced data
      CLEANUP: session: remove session_from_task()
      DOC: add missing entry for log-format and clarify the text
      MINOR: logs: add a new per-proxy "log-tag" directive
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: fix header removal when previous header ends with
pure LF
      MINOR: config: extend the default max hostname length to 64 and
beyond
      BUG/MEDIUM: channel: fix possible integer overflow on reserved size
computation
      BUG/MINOR: channel: compare to_forward with buf->i, not buf->size
      MINOR: channel: add channel_in_transit()
      MEDIUM: channel: make buffer_reserved() use channel_in_transit()
      MEDIUM: channel: make bi_avail() use channel_in_transit()
      BUG/MEDIUM: channel: don't schedule data in transit for leaving until
connected
      CLEANUP: channel: rename channel_reserved -> channel_is_rewritable
      MINOR: channel: rename channel_full() to !channel_may_recv()
      MINOR: channel: rename buffer_reserved() to channel_reserved()
      MINOR: channel: rename buffer_max_len() to channel_recv_limit()
      MINOR: channel: rename bi_avail() to channel_recv_max()
      MINOR: channel: rename bi_erase() to channel_truncate()
      BUG/MAJOR: log: don't try to emit a log if no logger is set
      MINOR: tools: add new round_2dig() function to round integers
      MINOR: global: always export some SSL-specific metrics
      MINOR: global: report information about the cost of SSL connections
      MAJOR: init: automatically set maxconn and/or maxsslconn when
possible
      MINOR: http: add a new fetch "query" to extract the request's query
string
      MINOR: hash: add new function hash_crc32
      MINOR: samples: provide a "crc32" converter
      MEDIUM: backend: add the crc32 hash algorithm for load balancing
      BUG/MINOR: args: add missing entry for ARGT_MAP in arg_type_names
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: make http-request set-header compute the string
before removal
      MEDIUM: args: use #define to specify the number of bits used by arg
types and counts
      MEDIUM: args: increase arg type to 5 bits and limit arg count to 5
      MINOR: args: add type-specific flags for each arg in a list
      MINOR: args: implement a new arg type for regex : ARGT_REG
      MEDIUM: regex: add support for passing regex flags to
regex_exec_match()
      MEDIUM: samples: add a regsub converter to perform regex-based
transformations
      BUG/MINOR: sample: fix case sensitivity for the regsub converter
      MEDIUM: http: implement http-request set-{method,path,query,uri}
      DOC: fix missing closing brackend on regsub
      MEDIUM: samples: provide basic arithmetic and bitwise operators
      MEDIUM: init: continue to enforce SYSTEM_MAXCONN with auto settings
if set
      BUG/MINOR: http: fix incorrect header value offset in
replace-hdr/replace-value
      BUG/MINOR: http: abort request processing on filter failure
      MEDIUM: tcp: implement tcp-ut bind option to set TCP_USER_TIMEOUT
      MINOR: ssl/server: add the "no-ssl-reuse" server option
      BUG/MAJOR: peers: initialize s->buffer_wait when creating the session
      MINOR: http: add a new function to iterate over each header line
      MINOR: http: add the new sample fetches req.hdr_names and
res.hdr_names
      MEDIUM: task: always ensure that the run queue is consistent
      BUILD: Makefile: add -Wdeclaration-after-statement
      BUILD/CLEANUP: ssl: avoid a warning due to mixed code and declaration
      BUILD/CLEANUP: config: silent 3 warnings about mixed declarations
with code
      MEDIUM: protocol: use a family array to index the protocol handlers
      BUILD: lua: cleanup many mixed occurrences declarations & code
      BUG/MEDIUM: task: fix recently introduced scheduler skew
      BUG/MINOR: lua: report the correct function name in an error message
      BUG/MAJOR: http: fix stats regression consecutive to
HTTP_RULE_RES_YIELD
      Revert "BUG/MEDIUM: lua: can't handle the response bytes"
      MINOR: lua: convert IP addresses to type string
      CLEANUP: lua: use the same function names in C and Lua
      REORG/MAJOR: move session's req and resp channels back into the
session
      CLEANUP: remove now unused channel pool
      REORG/MEDIUM: stream-int: introduce si_ic/si_oc to access channels
      MEDIUM: stream-int: add a flag indicating which side the SI is on
      MAJOR: stream-int: only rely on SI_FL_ISBACK to find the requested
channel
      MEDIUM: stream-interface: remove now unused pointers to channels
      MEDIUM: stream-int: make si_sess() use the stream int's side
      MEDIUM: stream-int: use si_task() to retrieve the task from the
stream int
      MEDIUM: stream-int: remove any reference to the owner
      CLEANUP: stream-int: add si_ib/si_ob to dereference the buffers
      CLEANUP: stream-int: add si_opposite() to find the other stream
interface
      REORG/MEDIUM: channel: only use chn_prod / chn_cons to find
stream-interfaces
      MEDIUM: channel: add a new flag "CF_ISRESP" for the response channel
      MAJOR: channel: only rely on the new CF_ISRESP flag to find the SI
      MEDIUM: channel: remove now unused ->prod and ->cons pointers
      CLEANUP: session: simplify references to
chn_{prod,cons}(&s->{req,res})
      CLEANUP: session: use local variables to access channels / stream
ints
      CLEANUP: session: don't needlessly pass a pointer to the stream-int
      CLEANUP: session: don't use si_{ic,oc} when we know the session.
      CLEANUP: stream-int: limit usage of si_ic/si_oc
      CLEANUP: lua: limit usage of si_ic/si_oc
      MINOR: channel: add chn_sess() helper to retrieve session from
channel
      MEDIUM: session: simplify receive buffer allocator to only use the
channel
      MEDIUM: lua: use CF_ISRESP to detect the channel's side
      CLEANUP: lua: remove the session pointer from hlua_channel
      CLEANUP: lua: hlua_channel_new() doesn't need the pointer to the
session anymore
      MEDIUM: lua: remove struct hlua_channel
      MEDIUM: lua: remove hlua_sample_fetch
      [RELEASE] Released version 1.6-dev1