From: Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers-DgXf7JAplXVbejMqVEbnxkB+6BGkLq7r <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: AGM Minutes, 2014
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.netsurf.devel
Date: Saturday 15th November 2014 14:36:54 UTC (over 2 years ago)
NetSurf AGM - 2014
==================

Attendance
----------

* Daniel Silverstone
* Rob Kendrick
* Michael Drake
* Vincent Sanders
* John-Mark Bell
* Chris Young

Secretary's report
------------------

Last year's society committee consisted of:

* Michael Drake, Chair
* John-Mark Bell, Treasurer
* Daniel Silverstone, Secretary

Last year's non-committee membership consisted of:

* Rob Kendrick
* Chris Young
* Vincent Sanders
* Fran├žois Revol
* Steve Fryatt

This year we welcome Rupinder Singh Khokhar and Anthony J. Bentley

Noone has dropped out

The society is therefore quorate

Treasurer's report
------------------

Chair's report
--------------

* NetSurf is still actively developed, and new people turn up who are
  interested in both the browser and its libraries.  We've made releases in
the
  last year, and have done plenty of work since the last release.
* We had a successful GSoC student, who made nice progress on the
libraries.
* At the developer hack weekend we are discussing future development.
* Thanks to everyone for their contributions this year.

GSoC Donation
-------------

Due to difficulty navigating through the complexities of international tax
law,
we won't be receiving the mentor payment from this year's GSoC.

We have the option of donating it to the Software Freedom Conservancy
Kinnison seconds this option
tlsa votes that we do that

The committee has hereby voted to donate our mentor payment from GSoC 2014
the Software Freedom Conservancy

AI: John-Mark Bell to organise that donation.

AOB
---

Each of the RISC OS, Atari and Cocoa frontends are not being actively
supported
by any of the developers on the project at this time.  Noone was prepared
step forward to offer assistance during the AGM.

When asked what impact this would have, Vincent explained that the releases
are
therefore at risk of being unreleasable for verison 3.3 and forward from
there.

The Atari toolchain (NetSurf toolchain) is currently not functional on our
CI
infrastructure.  When asked what impact this would have Vincent noted that
we
are unable to build newer toolchains and thus close security holes

Vincent also noted that the support burden for maintaining the Cocoa
frontend
means that it is very much at risk of being dropped without an active
maintainer.

AI: Release Manager to produce report to development *and* user mailing
lists
detailing at-risk builds and their likely remaining lifetime

Close
-----

Michael thanked everyone and made special note that Daniel Silverstone
donated
an SSD to the Cocoa CI engine.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69

CD: 3ms