Home
Reading
Searching
Subscribe
Sponsors
Statistics
Posting
Contact
Spam
Lists
Links
About
Hosting
Filtering
Features Download
Marketing
Archives
FAQ
Blog
 
Gmane
From: Hanno Schlichting <plone-+xqiSR9SqHsk+I/owrrOrA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Plone 3 status - five.lsm vs. kss finally solved
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.devel
Date: Wednesday 27th June 2007 21:32:59 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Just a quick note. With some help from Balazs I have found and fixed the
last remaining issue with five.lsm vs. kss :) So now we can finally fix
all the normal bugs waiting in our bug tracker and get a release out
'real soon' (tm).

Hanno

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Hi.
> 
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> It's been pretty obvious that the Plone 3 svn tree has been somewhat
>> unstable the last few days while the tools vs utilities issues are being
>> sorted out.
> 
> After some additional work, most of the unit tests pass again and those
> that don't pass seem to have failed before these changes as well. While
> working on a live instance I couldn't produce any obvious failures as
well.
> 
>> There is light at the end of the tunnel though: the current tree seems
>> to have most things sorted. We are no longer using the sitemanager
>> monkeypatch in KSS, you can create a new Plone site again and content
>> creation no longer explodes either.
> 
> While the monkey-patch in KSS is gone, the new dependency on five.lsm
> isn't actually added yet (it's commmented out). The not so funny thing
> is that right now KSS works without the monkey-patch and without the
> special five.lsm lookup class, but as soon as I put the new lookup class
> from five.lsm in, it breaks :(
> 
> When trying to do a simple inline editing I get a NotFound error that
> looks like this:
> 
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 110, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 498, in traverse
>   Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 671, in debugError
> NotFound: Site Error
> 
> Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
> Cannot locate object at: http://localhost:8080/test/front-page/replaceField
> 
> Does any of the KSS luminaries have an idea what's wrong here? I suspect
> the calculation of the base url is wrong and it tries to call the
> replaceField on the context and not on the view. Is this correct?
> 
> I have a suspicion about why KSS seems to work without the new five.lsm
> lookup class but am not entirely sure about that either. As we cache the
> result of utility lookups including their Acquisition chain, the extra
> wrapping only happens when a utility is first accessed. When KSS gets
> the utility it has already been added to the component registry cache
> including the right AQ chain.
> 
> But that's not a solution to the problem and I would really like to get
> this fixed for real, by adding the new lookup class to KSS. The code is
> in kss.core.kssview.SiteViewComponents.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
 
CD: 3ms