addicted2freefall | 27 Jun 17:16 2010
Picon

Re: WTL 8.1 AppWizard for VS2010

Hi Ruben,
thanks for your response (it's kinda quiet around here!)

I have no problems working with existing projects (that have been created in VS2008), but what I'm
interested in is getting the WTL wizards working in VS2010, so that I can create projects using the
familiar WTL wizards.

These are very useful for generating the basic structure of a many different project types - dialog apps,
SDI apps, MDI apps etc..

--- In wtl@..., ruben rivas <rudrivas <at> ...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read the following article and I can include as default the WTL Library.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsproject/archive/2009/06/23/inherited-properties-and-property-sheets.aspx
>
> Currently WTL 8.1 works in my PC.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruben
>

> ________________________________

messagebox saying "File name or class name not found during Automation operation".

> Project creation fails.
>
> Currently, the only way I know to create a WTL project for use on VS2010 is to create it with VS2008 or
earlier, then open the project in VS2010, and  upgrade the project.

> I found a blog post relating to this issue, where someone had stated that "For Visual Studio 2010, the
Visual Studio team (apparently) dropped the C++ 'Tools\options\Projects and Solutions\C++
Directories' which is where you would normally include the WTL include directories (WTL\Include) and
moved it into the individual project settings. Given this, I have yet to been able to get the WTL wizards to
work with VS 2010 as they cannot find the WTL directories.

> What might work, though, is copying the WTL files into the VS 2010 directories. Of course, a newer version
of WTL would have to be handled the same so this would really be a hack."

> Has anyone had any further success with this issue, or know of a workaround?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)