From: addicted2freefall <addicted2freefall-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: WTL 8.1 AppWizard for VS2010
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.windows.wtl
Date: Sunday 27th June 2010 15:16:00 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi Ruben,
thanks for your response (it's kinda quiet around here!)

I have no problems working with existing projects (that have been created
in VS2008), but what I'm interested in is getting the WTL wizards working
in VS2010, so that I can create projects using the familiar WTL wizards.

These are very useful for generating the basic structure of a many
different project types - dialog apps, SDI apps, MDI apps etc..

--- In [email protected], ruben rivas
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read the following article and I can include as default the WTL
Library.

> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsproject/archive/2009/06/23/inherited-properties-and-property-sheets.aspx
>
> Currently WTL 8.1 works in my PC.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruben
>

> ________________________________

project, VS2010 returns a messagebox saying "File name or class name not
found during Automation operation".

> Project creation fails.
>
> Currently, the only way I know to create a WTL project for use on VS2010
is to create it with VS2008 or earlier, then open the project in VS2010,
and  upgrade the project.

> I found a blog post relating to this issue, where someone had stated that
"For Visual Studio 2010, the Visual Studio team (apparently) dropped the
C++ 'Tools\options\Projects and Solutions\C++ Directories' which is where
you would normally include the WTL include directories (WTL\Include) and
moved it into the individual project settings. Given this, I have yet to
been able to get the WTL wizards to work with VS 2010 as they cannot find
the WTL directories.

> What might work, though, is copying the WTL files into the VS 2010
directories. Of course, a newer version of WTL would have to be handled the
same so this would really be a hack."

> Has anyone had any further success with this issue, or know of a
workaround?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: