lfd0985 | 6 Apr 15:23 2011
Picon

Autism and Transitions

Hello!  My name is Laura Dengler and I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Communication Sciences and
Disorders at Penn State University.  I work with Dr. Kathryn Drager and Dr. Erinn Finke.

We hope that you can help us with some exciting research. We would like to learn about the experience of being
a parent of a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We recognize that parents have many different
experiences, and we are interested in learning about how having a child on the autism spectrum affects how
you parent your child.

We are inviting parents of children with an ASD to join an online discussion group (focus group) over a
period of approximately 4-6 weeks. We want to learn about the experiences of those parents and how they
compare to parents in similar situations. We would like to learn about the issues that parents feel are
unique and specific to having a child with an ASD. We plan to share what we learn with each participant and
other parents of children with an ASD.

If you are a parent who has a child with an ASD, please consider participating in this important study.  For
more information about this research, please contact me at lfd116 <at> psu.edu or via phone at (814) 867-3375.

Thanks!
Laura

Gmane