From: lfd0985 <no_reply <at> yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Autism and Transitions
Newsgroups: gmane.culture.autism
Date: Wednesday 6th April 2011 13:23:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello!  My name is Laura Dengler and I am a Ph.D. student in the Department
of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Penn State University.  I work
with Dr. Kathryn Drager and Dr. Erinn Finke.

We hope that you can help us with some exciting research. We would like to
learn about the experience of being a parent of a child with autism
spectrum disorder (ASD). We recognize that parents have many different
experiences, and we are interested in learning about how having a child on
the autism spectrum affects how you parent your child.

We are inviting parents of children with an ASD to join an online
discussion group (focus group) over a period of approximately 4-6 weeks. We
want to learn about the experiences of those parents and how they compare
to parents in similar situations. We would like to learn about the issues
that parents feel are unique and specific to having a child with an ASD. We
plan to share what we learn with each participant and other parents of
children with an ASD.

If you are a parent who has a child with an ASD, please consider
participating in this important study.  For more information about this
research, please contact me at [email protected] or via phone at (814)
867-3375.

Thanks!
Laura

CD: 3ms