From: <T613K <at> aol.com>
Subject: Re: Chevra Kadisha Fast Day today, 15 Kislev?
Newsgroups: gmane.culture.religion.jewish.avodah
Date: Monday 15th December 2008 06:19:20 UTC (over 8 years ago)

From: Zev Sero
It's pretty much universal that the members  of a chevra kadisha observe
a fast day.  The exact day varies by  region.  In Lita the minhag was
15 Kislev; in Poland the minhag was 7  Adar.

Our chevra kadisha in Miami observes 7 Adar, which  is Moshe Rabbeinu's
yahrtzeit -- and Hashem Himself acted as the chevra kadisha  in that case,
and
buried Moshe in an unknown grave.  But what happened on  15 Kislev (which
happens
to be my father-in-law's yahrtzeit, but I never heard  of something else
special about that date)?

--Toby Katz
Read *Jewish  World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)