Jon Presco | 20 May 19:29 2008
Picon

The Pure and the Profane

A False Rosucrican Brotherhood

(Images: The Pure Brethren. Joe Dee, the Irishman. Does he look Irish
to you?)

Joe Dee: "Even the most obtuse among the public could not read your
posts without having to suppress the urge to retch. You are the
racist elitist; the person who condemns people simply due to their
genetic heritage."

Jon Presco: "Give three brief examples?

Joe Dee: "One will suffice; the fact that you would call people Jews
as if that were a bad thing to be."

Ten days ago I was invited to join a yahoo group
titled `Rosicrucianism'. After posting on the truth Sephardic Jews
were heavily involved in the Black Haolocost, I was viciously
attacked by a Rosicrucian Brethren named, Joe Dee, who labeled me a
Anti-Semite and Racist. When I showed him my sources, and proof Jews
had been at the core of the Atlanitc slave trade, Joe found a site
associated with Farrakhan, and said this was my original source, I
going there to get some dirt on the Jews. I told him this was
slander, as I came upon my information while studying the Rosamond
genealogy, and the note George Washington Hodges bought the "Jew's
land" from a family surnamed Salvador. I traced this Salvador to
Brazil and the Sephardic Jews.

I posted my study of the Jubilee Jesus and my contention he came to
restore the Jubilee and free indentured slaves – and other slaves!
This was why I pointed out the Jewish slave owners.
Joe Dee began to forward e-mails from this Rosicrucian group into my
personal mail that is now filled with his devious smear tactics and
evil accusations. This morning, I found out why. The Sephardic Jews
when they lived in Spain became very close to the Muslims and the
Sufis. The Rosicrucian also got chummy with the Sufis and their group
titled the `Brethren of Purity'. It is alleged the Brethren of the
Rose Cross adopted the teaching of the Purity Brethren, as did the
Sephardic Jews. Inadvertently my genealogical study struck at the
heart of the Secret Rosy Brethren.

In hindsight I can see they were stunned – especially when I posted
what three Seers told me, that each night I go to the Cathedral of
the Souls where I have a reserved seat at a oval table. There is a
hooded figure in back of me, who is supposed to be Christ, who comes
to stand behind the Anointed One. Is it possible this hooded Jesus
bid me to un-mask the truth about Jews being slave masters?

When Joe Dee made a post about Jesus being a Essene Avatar. I looked
on the internet for articlse on the Essene Calendar and discovered
the Essenes followed the teaching of Enoch found in the Book of
Jubilees! This discovery was utterly ignored, and Dee's attacked
became more furious - till he was frothing at the mouth. This morning
I know why, the Rosicrucian's connect the Essenes with the `Brethren
of Purity'. Without knowing it, my study had shattered Dee's pure
image of himself, and his Jesus. No longer were the Jews "pure". Gone
was their elite claim they are above reproach, and anyone who
questions their purity, is a anti-Semite!

When Joe Dee would not desist in his manic attacks, and when no
moderator or Frater intervened in the assasination of my character, I
launched a counter-attack. I found articles on the net that said the
Rosicrucian were racists and anti-Semitic, they not allowing Jews and
Black into their BROTHERHOOD, until recently. This time several
members said this was true.
I now pointed out that it was John Dee who was reading racist
material – not I. He became livid, bent on my destruction. He asked
that I be banned. A friend of his, some witch, complained that she
needed help in psychicly defeating me. Dee had clamed his was a
wizard of some kind.

When I looked at his profile, I saw a very dark sinister man with
Semitic feature. I had asked Dee earlier if he was a Jew, and thus
his motive for defending the Sepharidic Jew. He denied it – because
he is a Jew, and this fact would have weakened his mission to destroy
my credibility. Dee told me and the group he was Irish. The he
claimed this was not a photo of him, and he has many disguises!
Whatever!!!

This morning I discovered that Hitler's life was changed forever
after he saw Wagner's opera Rienzi that was based upon a novel
written by Bulwer-Lytton an alleged Rosicrucians.

What is key here, is, Bush made a speech from the Israeli Cabinet
that any dialogue with Muslims (who oppose his Christina Crusade in
Iraq) is on par with having dialogues with Hitler, the Jewish Satan.
Bush does not want Democrats to have dialogues with their fellow
Americans about his holy crusade in Iraq, because it may hurt McCain.
This is why Bush lied to all Americans who believe a democracy IS THE
PLACE to have many dialogues! But, when you belong to some kind of
Brotherhood of Purity, Frees Speach is a sin lest you dirty the Pure
and Holy Ones in some manner.

It clear to me Bush's speech was aimed at making McCain more Pure,
More White, More Jewish, More of a Evangelical candidates who
believes in the Zionist Jesus and the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple
to House a Pure White Jesus who is God to the Pure Ones. But, what I
see is the building a dark sinister maze that had no Avatar at its
vortex, only mortals who want to think they are pure, they in a furry
to build ever more complex twists and turns in order to keep the
mundane multitude out.

Jon Presco

"By accusing western democracies of anti-Semitism, the Jews put them
on the defensive. As long as guilt feelings can be profitably mined,
advantages can be gained. But the lode is not likely to last
forever." -- Moshe Leshem, former Israeli diplomat, p. 253-254]

Bush, Obama, and revisiting Nazi appeasement

What happenedPresident Bush, in an address before Israel's Knesset,
or parliament, last week, said that leaders who seek to "negotiate
with the terrorists and radicals" are making the same mistake British
Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain and other European leaders made by
trying to negotiate with Adolph Hitler in the 1930s. Bush added, "We
have an obligation to call this what it is—the false comfort of
appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history." His
comments were widely seen as an attack on Democratic presidential
candidate Barack Obama, who has said he is open to talking with the
leaders of Iran and other unfriendly nations. The White House denied
that the comments were aimed at Obama.

http://www.jewishtribalreview.org/08slave.htm

http://www.jewishtribalreview.org/wvr.htm

http://www.jewishtribalreview.org/open.htm

PURITY, BROTHERS OF. An association of Arabic philosophers, founded
at Bosra, in Syria, in the Tenth century. Many of their writings,
which were much studied by the Jews of Spain in the twelfth century,
were mystical. Steinschneider, (Jew. Lit., 174, 205) calls them 'the
Freemasons of Bosra', and says that they were a 'celebrated society
of a kind of Freemasons.'" -- II Mackey 601a-b.

When we proceed to the "eccentric" encyclopaedist, Kenneth
Mackenzie's ROYAL MASONIC CYCLOPAEDIA, we are not surprised to read
the following:

"PURITY, BROTHERS OF. An association of philosophers of Arab origin,
founded at Bosra, in the tenth century. Their principles seem to have
been analogous to those of the Essenes. They studied and wrote much,
and their writings were afterwards studied by the learned Spanish
Jews. Having peculiar forms of initiation, they came to be regarded
as a kind of Freemasons, a term specially applied to them by
Steinschneider." -- Mackenzie, 584.

Mackenzie's fellow Initiate, and alleged "Fringe Mason", Saint John
Yarker, (We know he isn't officially regarded as a saint by any
official body, but we do, and that is all that matters to us!)
"Brothers of Purity. This was an association of Arab philosophers
seated at Bosra in the 10th Century. They had forms of initiation,
and they wrote many works, which were afterwards much studied by the
Spanish Jews." -- The Arcane Schools, p. 184 (Referring to
Mackenzie's piece, just quoted).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistles_of_the_Brethren_of_Purity

http://www.tomblock.com/11shalom/article_jewishsufi3.php

"All critics of Jews should not be tagged as anti-Semites. We are not
a nation of Christs, Spinozas, and Einsteins; that the Nazis are
brutes does not make us angels ... Criticism is not the same as
hatred, and critics are not our enemies. The greatest friends of a
people are not those who praise but those who honestly find fault. A
people without criticism is either a dictatorship or a community so
deeply embedded in smug self-satisfaction as to be on the road to
decadence."-- William Zuckerman, Jewish author [written before World
War II,

in Goldstein, D., p. 119]

"The far-reaching consequences of the [Jewish] martyr complex go
beyond any effect of the individual Jew ... and do not leave unmarked
even the most sympathetically inclined Gentiles. Since the Jew is
hypersensitive on the subject of his Judaism, Gentiles fear to offer
constructive criticism lest they be accused of prejudices. Thus the
Jew is denied the benefit of honest evaluation of the very real
differences and prejudices existing ... I believe we Jews will never
be normal individuals so long as we foster our martyr complex, so
long as we remain evasive of self-appraisal and self-improvement, and
so long as it is easier to blame the other fellow for our own
faults." Maurice M. Feurlich, Jewish author -- in "Children of the
Martyr Race," The Forum, NYC, September 1937; cited in Goldstein, D.,
p. 116

Rosicrucianism consists of mystical principles originating in ancient
Egypt. Historically, there have been a number of orders containing
the name "Rosicrucian." The great aim of the Rosicrucians has ever
been to assist all mankind in evolving to the highest degree of
earthly perfection, and to render aid to every living being to the
glory of God and to the benefit of mankind. St. Gregory of Nyssa
taught: "Man's aim is to make himself like God, and he reaches this
end above all through love, knowledge and the practice of the
virtues." His teaching continues: "Perfection is a permanent journey,
a constant commitment to progress, because complete likeness to God
can never be achieved; we are always on the path." Gregory is careful
to clarify: "It is not the result of our efforts, neither is it the
result of human strength to become like the Deity, but it is the
result of God's generosity."The purpose of this group is to discuss
and explore Rosicrucianism in its broadest historical and mystical
sense. But this is more than an online discussion group...it is a
worldwide community of Rosicrucians from all of the various orders.
We pride ourselves on the selfless sharing of wisdom, prayer and
assistance. In joining this group, one, in essence, joins a
family."Will you with me tomorrow be content,Faithfully to receive
the Blessed Sacrament,Upon the Oath that I shall hear you give,For ne
gold, ne silver, so long as you live;Neither for love you beare
towards your kinne,Nor yet to no great man, preferment to wynne,That
you disclose the seacret I shall you teach,Neither by writing, nor by
swift speech,But only to him, which you be sure,Hath ever searched
after the seacrets of Nature,To him you may reveal the seacrets of
this Art.Under the cover of Philosophie, before the world you
depart."Secrecy of the Rosicrucians
http://tinyurl.com/5mbxku

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/95sep/noi.htm

Positive relations between Jews and Muslims in Spain began
immediately, with the entrance of Muslim invaders heading across the
Straight of Gibralter to unseat the pernicious Visigoths in the early
8th century. The invaders trusted the thankful Jews so immediately
that during the Muslim conquest of Spain beginning in 711, the Jews
in newly conquered territories were used as garrison forces to secure
and guard conquered cities, as the Arab armies pushed north.[i]
Perhaps one of the most fascinating, and least told stories of this
intermingling between the Sephardi and their Muslim hosts was the
direct, profound and religion-changing relationship that these
Iberian Jews developed with their Islamic mystical brethren, the
Sufis. Ultimately, from about the 9th century through the 15th
century, Jewish mystics from the Maimonides clan to Judah Halevi,
Moses de Leon, Solomon Ibn Gabirol and hundreds of others became so
enamored of the Sufi way that they completely remade Jewish
mysticism, leading to the Kabbalah, Hasidism and even specific,
contemporary Jewish prayer methods, all of which hearken back to Sufi
and Jewish/Sufi antecedents.

Sufism, the spiritual soul of Islam, was an open-minded belief system
positing that all the great religions and mystical traditions share
the same essential truths. Following an ecstatic path that often used
the language of lovers and poets instead of ascetics, Sufi masters
attempted to find spiritual union with God — and then "return" to the
everyday world to enlighten and help others.

Sephardi Jews grew captivated by this gentle mystical path as soon as
they began to read in Arabic, by the end of the 8th century. As Jews
rose in prominence within Muslim society, they turned to the Sufis
for inspiration, and then threaded the novel ideas back into Jewish
worship practices, creating a medieval Jewish/Sufi stew, which has
nourished Jewish worship ever since.
Bahya Ibn Pakuda (1040-1080 C.E.), a dayyan, or judge at the
rabbinical court in Saragossa, Spain, was one of the earliest, and
most influential Jewish thinkers to become deeply influenced by the
Sufis. Ultimately, through his study of Islamic works, he penned the
Guide to the Duties of the Heart, a Sufi manual recast as Jewish
theology, which became one of the most important Jewish pietistic
works produced in the last 1000 years

Bahya ibn Paquda lived in Spain in the first half of the eleventh
century. He was the author of the first Jewish system of ethics,
written in Arabic in 1040 under the title Al Hidayah ila Faraid al-
hulub, "Guide to the Duties of the Heart", and translated into Hebrew
by Judah ben Saul ibn Tibbon in 1161-1180 under the title Chovot ha-
Levavot, 'Duties of the Heart'.

Though he quotes Saadia Gaon's works frequently, he belongs not to
the rationalistic school of the Motazilites whom Saadia follows, but,
like his somewhat younger contemporary, Solomon ibn Gabirol (1021-
1070), is an adherent of Neoplatonic mysticism. He often followed the
method of the Arabian encyclopedists known as "the Brethren of
Purity". Inclined to contemplative mysticism and asceticism, Bahya
eliminated from his system every element that he felt might obscure
monotheism, or might interfere with Jewish law. He wanted to present
a religious system at once lofty and pure and in full accord with
reason.

http://www.mith.demon.co.uk/Bulwer.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brethren_of_Purity

http://www.ismaili.net/mirrors/Ikhwan_04/brotherpur.html

The Brethren Of Purity

"He who knows himself best knows his Creator best" -- Rasa'il Ikhwan
as Safa, I, 76.
While we do not presently possess a great deal of the source material
pertaining to the Brethren of Purity, what we do possess should
assist us in tying up some of the loose ends in the history of the
Transmission of the Gnosis, from the darkest days of the Empire, up
to the Crusades. The Isma'ili do fit into the paradigm better than
the rest. And this connects the Druzes, the Harranians, the Yezidis,
even, but there is a much more ancient sect, which can be seen to
have survived, from at least the First Century of the Common Era, and
undoubtedly even longer. That sect we shall deal with in the Fourth
Section of Qadosh: The Johannite Tradition (Ormus and the Grail
Chalice). A connecting link between all of these groups, however, is
the Ikhwan as-Safa, the Brethren of Purity.

The Brethren of Purity were established at Bosra, Syria. Some mistake
Bosra, Syria, with Basra, in Iraq, and this is a mistake. Bosra,
Syria, was an important Nabataean city, second in importance to
Damascus, at the time that the Nabataeans reached their highest
degree of power and influence, prior to the climatic changes that
caused their underground water supplies to diminish, and thereby
facilitated their demise as a world power. After that time, they
simply became known as Arabs. All this said, Bosra, sometimes spelled
Bostra, remained an important city, and an important stop on the
route between Damascus and Arabia, known to us as the Incense Road.

STEINSCHNEIDER AND THE BRETHREN OF PURITY.

In the 19th Century, the "Science of Judaism" went full bore, leading
to the creation of the Jewish Encyclopaedia. Today we know it as
Encyclopaedia Judaica, an excellent work if ever there was one. This
is one of the by-products of the tiresome labours of Illuminatus
Moses Mendelssohn, to be sure, but he is not the direct inspirer. It
can also be said to have been helped along by people like Franz
Joseph Molitor.

The credit is due, in a large part, to scholars like Moritz
Steinschneider (1816-1907). He is regarded as the greatest
bibliographer of Judaica in the 19th Century. In 1857, he published a
work in English, JEWISH LITERATURE FROM THE EIGHTH TO THE EIGHTEENTH
CENTURY. He is regarded as an authority by Bernard Martin (A HISTORY
OF JUDAISM, Volume II), by Gershom Scholem (MAJOR TRENDS IN JEWISH
MYSTICISM), and even by Arthur Edward Waite (HOLY KABBALAH), who says:

"The work of Dr. Moritz Steinschneider, the German bibliographer of
rabbinical literature, is the most important contribution to our
knowledge which has been made during comparatively recent years." --
Holy Kabbalah, p. 4(note 1).

This means, in so many words, that Waite considers Steinschneider to
be an authority. Maybe this matters little to us, what Waite's
opinion is or was, but it does bear Weight (pun may or may not be
intended). This has more importance to the interested scholar of the
subjects contained in the present work, than at first meets the eye.

What we are leading up to is a subject which lies at the core of
our "thesis", perhaps our "minor singular opinion" or "peculiar
notion", as to how the Authentic Tradition was preserved and
transmitted.

1. Steinschneider's JEWISH LITERATURE FROM THE EIGHTH TO EIGHTEENTH
CENTURIES is the authority.

2. The Brothers of Purity were an association (society,
incorporation) of Arabic Philosophers.
3. They established their association in the Tenth Century of the
Common Era.
4. The location was at Bosra, Syria, in the Hauran. This is a very
important area in our survey as a whole.
5. Their writings were studied by, in vogue among, and had an
influence upon, the Spanish Jews of the 12th Century.
6. They had special forms of Initiation, and have been regarded by
Steinschneider as a form of Freemasons.
Specific differences include:
1. Writins were mystical in nature (Mackey).
2. They were called "The Freemasons of Bosra" by Steinschneider
(Mackey).
3. Principles seem analogous to those of the Essenes (Mackenzie).
Where did he pick that up?
4. They studied and wrote much (Mackenzie).
All this nit-picking has a purpose. Recall our quote from Oliver's
LANDMARKS, in The Johannite Legend of the Templars, about the Syrian
Christians who were Freemasons, and about the Order of the Orient,
which was responsible for originating the Order of the Temple.
This may all seem to be the fanciful legends of High Grade
Freemasonry, to some, but... is it so? Before the Nusairis ended up
in Northern Syria (in the vicinity of Latakia), they were in the
Hauran region, in the area of Bosra. While the Druzes came at a time
concurrent with the Crusades, and the Yezidis really as such can be
dated after Sheikh 'Adi travelled to Lalish from Ba'albek, the
Nusairis were in Syria much longer. At around the Ninth Century of
the Common Era, they added the Isma'ili doctrine to their system,
which is a rather complex system. Prior to that, their system
included native Syrian and Phoenician cults, early primitive
Christian beliefs, Gnostic beliefs, and, much later, Islamic symbols
used to facilitate survival in hostile times. Their cultus can be
seen to have had an influence not only on their hated rivals the
Druzes, but on the Yezidis, as well as on the Harranian cultus. John
Yarker mentions them briefly in his Arcane Schools:

"Ainsarii. The Ishmaelite Sect continued to exist after the
destruction of the stronghold of the Old Man of the Mountain, as the
Chief of the Assassins was termed. The most prominent of these is
named the Ainsarii; they hold secret meetings for receptions and have
signs, words, and a Catechism. Lyde, who has investigated this Sect,
classes them with ancient Templars, and Modern Freemasons. [THE ASIAN
MYSTERY, Rev. C. L. Lyde.]" -- p. 187.

Mackey also mentions the Nusairi (Ansayreeh):

"Ansyreeh. A sect found in the mountains of Lebanon, of Northern
Syria. Like the Druses, toward whom, however, they entertain a
violent hostility, and the Assassins, they have a secret mode of
recognition and a secret religion, which does not appear to be well
understood by them. 'However,' says Rev. Mr. Lyde, who visited them
in 1852, 'there is one in which they all seem agreed, and which acts
as a kind of Freemasonry in binding together the scattered members of
their body, namely, secret prayers which are taught to every male
child of a certain age, and are repeated at stated times, in stated
places, and accompanied with religious rites.' The Ansyreeh arose
about the same time with the Assassins, and, like them, their
religion appears to be an ill-digested mixture of Judaism,
Christianity, and Mohammedanism. To the Masonic scholars these secret
sects of Syria present an interesting study, because of their
supposed connection with the Templars during the Crusades, the entire
results of which are yet to be investigated." -- I Mackey's 61b.

At the time that Mackey and Yarker wrote these little snippets,
several competent studies had been published by members of the
Société Asiatique, of France, from the 1820s on, throughout their
journal, the Journal Asiatique. We shall analyze in brief, one of
these in below. The secret prayers referred to by Mackey have been
given in the French articles.

Now, going back to the present subject of our survey, the Brethren of
Purity, it shall be seen that the Brethren of Purity had an influence
on the "Sabians" -- or Harranians, for much of the famed Picatrix
shows its debt of inheritance from the Rasa'il Ikhwan as Safa. From a
brief resumé of the contents of the PICATRIX, by one of its
translators (Martin Plessner), published on the Twilit Grotto
website, [http://www.esotericarchives.com/picatrix.htm],

"This manner of writing may well be intentional, whether to make the
magical sections appear less suspect by interlarding them with
theoretical passages, or to make certain doctrines seem less strange
by administering them in small doses, or to demonstrate the equal
validity of the magical and philosophical material, or for a
combination of all three reasons. At all events, a similar method of
presentation is apparent in one of the principle sources of The Aim
of the Sage, the encyclopedia of the Brethren of Purity [Ihwân al-
Safâ]."

The encyclopaedia of the Brethren of Purity had an influence on the
creation of the Picatrix, which has long been considered the
important work which was either a part of the corpus of materials
from the Harranian cultus, and/or that which had an influence upon
the Renaissance Magick which was to come about toward the end of the
15th Century c.e., in Europe. And,. before it reached Italy, Germany,
and France, it sojourned several centuries in Islamic Spain.
Therefore, the Picatrix is a very important work in the Authentic
Tradition, and may be considered one of the Great Books of the
Authentic Tradition. As to the Brethren of Purity, the most primary
of sources [Encyclopaedia Britannica, 14th Edition], tells us:
"Towards the close of the 10th century the presentation of an entire
scheme of knowledge, beginning with logic and mathematics, and
ascending through the various departments of physical enquiry to the
region of religious doctrine, was accomplished by a society which had
its chief seat at Basra [sic] , the native town of al-Kindi. This
society -- the Brothers of Purity or Sincerity (Ikhwªn us Safª'i) --
divided into four orders, wrought in the interests of religion no
less than of science; and though its attempt to compile an
encyclopaedia of existing knowledge may have been premature, it yet
contributed to spread abroad a desire for further information. The
proposed reconciliation between science and faith was not
accomplished, because the compromise could please neither party. The
51 treatises of which this encyclopaedia consists are interspersed
with apologues in true Oriental style, and the idea of goodness, of
moral perfection, is as prominent an end in every discourse as it was
in the alleged dream of al-Ma'mun. The materials of the work come
chiefly from Aristotle, but they are conceived of in a Platonizing
spirit, which places as the bond of all things a universal soul of
the world with its partial or fragmentary souls." -- EB-2:187a (14th
Ed., 1930).

Known as one of the Jewish people's greatest poets, Solomon Ibn
Gabirol's name and works are vital in the rites of today's synagogue.
One of the most important of Ibn Gabirol's liturgical works, Adon
Olam, is still chanted in Jewish prayer houses the world over during
both the Friday evening and Saturday morning Sabbath services. In
addition, selections from his poetry are recited as part of the Yom
Kippur liturgy, which is the most important holiday for observant
Jews. How many contemporary Jews realize that they spend part of this
essential Jewish holiday reciting Sufi-inspired odes, as they plead
with God for understanding and forgiveness? And his legacy within the
Jewish community has hardly been compromised by his Sufi leanings -
in fact, an important downtown Tel Aviv avenue bears his name!
While aspects of his biography are unclear, his profound indebtedness
to the Sufis is not. For Ibn Gabirol, the Sufi Way was as influential
as Jewish tradition itself. For instance, there are so many striking
parallels between earlier Sufi texts such as the Epistles of the
Brethren of Purity (Ikhwan as-Safa, penned in Baghdad, in the 9th
century) [2] and his ideas that one is forced to presume that, after
the Bible, this Muslim tract was his primary source of inspiration.
In Ibn Gabirol's work we can begin to see the earliest outline of
later Kabbalistic and Hasidic doctrines. Borrowing from his Islamic
mentors, Ibn Gabirol averred, for instance, that man was a microcosm
for God - that man's actions could, at their best, help complete
Godly ones. Though religious traditionalists of his day believed that
these ideas bordered on pantheism - and even heresy - later Jewish
mystics were captivated by the novel proposition. Additionally, many
of the terms that Ibn Gabirol borrowed from his Islamic mentors
became the basic building blocks of the Kabbalistic system. [3]
As scholar Peter Cole quickly limns the movement of God's energy
according to Ibn Gabirol, we can see how the ideas of earlier Sufi
thinkers such as Ibn Masarra, as- Suhrawardi, the Epistles of the
Brethren of Purity and others were wrapped in with the first faint
echoes of the Kabbalistic system and its Tree of Life:
"The conjunction of Universal Form and Matter gives rise to the
simple substances, including intellect, soul and nature, and the
chain of emanation extends down into the corporeal world and all its
parts. The emanation of divine energy Ibn Gabirol likens to light
from the sun - but not to the sun itself; or to intelligent acting in
the limbs of its body, but . . . to a fountain whose flow transcends
all temporal and spatial dimension. In this way the process of
creation is continuous and ongoing at all levels at all times in a
universal chain of transformation reaching from that pure source to
the lowest point of the cosmos and back up to its unknowable origin."
[4]

Rosicrucian
The Rosicrucian Order is a legendary and secretive Order dating from
the 15th or 17th century. It generally is associated with the symbol
of the Rose Cross, which is also found in certain rituals
beyond "Craft" or "Blue Lodge" Freemasonry. The Rosicrucian Order is
viewed among earlier and many modern Rosicrucianists as an inner
worlds Order, comprised of great "Adepts." When compared to human
beings, the consciousness of these Adepts is like that of demi-gods.
This "College of Invisibles" is regarded as the source permanently
behind the development of the Rosicrucian movement.
Several modern societies have been formed for the study of
Rosicrucianism and allied subjects. However, many researchers on the
history of Rosicrucianism argue that modern Rosicrucianists are in no
sense directly derived from the "Brethren of the Rose Cross" of the
17th century. Instead, they are considered to be keen followers.
Moreover, some have viewed the 17th century order as a literary hoax
or prank, rather than an operative society. Others contend that
history shows them to be the genesis of later operative and
functional societies.
The Rosicrucian greeting is, "May the Roses bloom upon your Cross."
Rosicrucian - Origins
According to a legend published in the 17th century Rosicrucian
manifestos, the Rosicrucian Order was founded in 1407 (the early 15th
century) by a German pilgrim named Christian Rosenkreuz (1378 -
1484), who studied in the Middle East under various occult masters.
During his lifetime, the Order was alleged to be small, consisting of
no more than eight members. When Rosenkreuz died in 1484, the Order
disappeared, only to be "reborn" in the early 17th century. Most
modern Rosicrucianists accept this legend to varying degrees. Some
accept it as literal truth, others see it as a parable, and yet
others believe Rosenkreuz to be a pseudonym for a more famous
historical figure, usually Francis Bacon.
According to a lesser known legend found in Masonic literature, the
Rosicrucian Order was created in year 46 when an Alexandrian Gnostic
sage named Ormus and his six followers were converted by one of
Jesus' disciples, Mark. From this conversion, Rosicrucianism was born
by fusing early Christianity with Egyptian mysteries. By this
account, rather than being its founder, Rosenkreuz would have been
initiated into and become the Grand Master of an already existing
Order.
According to Émile Dantinne (1884-1969), the origins of the
Rosicrucians may have an Islamic connection. As told in their first
manifesto Fama Fraternitatis (1614) (early 17th century) Christian
Rosenkreuz started his pilgrimage at the age of sixteen. This led him
to Arabia, Egypt and Morocco, where he was put into contact with the
sages of the East, who revealed to him the universal harmonic
science. After learning Arabic philosophy in Jerusalem, he was led to
Damcar. This place remains a mystery – it did not become Damascus,
but it is somewhere not too far from Jerusalem. Then he went to
Egypt , where he did not stay for long. Soon afterwards he embarked
to Fes, a center of philosophical and occultist studies, such as the
alchemy of Abu-Abdallah, Gabir ben Hayan, and Imam Jafar al Sadiq,
the astrology and magic of Ali-ash-Shabramallishi, and the esoteric
science of Abdarrahman ben Abdallah al Iskari. However, Dantinne
states that Rosenkreuz may have found his secrets amongst
the "Brethren of Purity," a society of philosophers that had formed
in Basra (Iraq) during the first half of the fourth century. Their
doctrine had its source in the study of the ancient Greek
philosophers, but it became more pronounced in a neo-Pythagorean
direction. They adopted the Pythagorean tradition of envisioning
objects and ideas in terms of their numeric aspects. Their theurgy
taught the divine and angelic names, conjurations, the Kabbalah,
exorcisms, and other related subjects.
The "Brethren of Purity" and the Sufis were united in many points of
doctrine. They both were mystical orders deriving from Koranic
theology, where dogma is supplanted by faith in the "Divine Reality."
Many similarities with the Rosicrucian way were expressed in the
manifestos and the "Brethen of Purity" ways of life as well. Neither
group wore special clothing, both practiced abstinence, they healed
the sick, and they offered their teachings free of charge.
Similarities also were evident in the doctrinal elements of their
theurgy and the story of Creation in terms of emanationism.
The curious legend in which the fabulous origin of the so-called
society was established was so improbable, though ingenious, that the
genesis of the Rosicrucians was generally overlooked or ignored in
the writings of the time. Christian Rosenkreuz had discovered and
learned the Secret Wisdom on a pilgrimage to the East in the 15th
century. The metaphorical quality of these legends lends to the
nebulous nature of the origins of Rosicrucianism. For example, the
opening of Rosenkreuz's tomb is thought to be only a way of referring
to the cycles in nature and to cosmic events.
Christian Rosenkreuz, Age of Aquarius - Astrology, Alchemy -
Astrology and alchemy, Holy Bible - Bible and rebirth, Clairvoyance -
Memory of Nature - Music of the Spheres, Christian mysticism -
Esoteric Christianity, Christian vegetarianism - Vegetarianism,
Esoteric cosmology - Planes of existence, Esoteric - Esotericism -
Esoteric knowledge - Mysticism - Occultism, Essenes - Manicheans -
Sufism - Knights Templar - Freemasonry, List of occultists - List of
spirituality-related topics - Western mystery tradition, Rebirth -
Law of Cause and Effect, The Rosicrucian conception of God and the
scheme of evolution
Rosicrucian - History
It is on the foundation of these teachings that Rosenkreuz conceived
the plan for simultaneous and universal religious, philosophic,
scientific, political, and artistic reform. For the realization of
this plan, he united with several disciples (seven at first,
according to Fama Fraternitatis), to whom he gave the name of Rose-
Croix.
The founder of the Order of the Rose-Croix belonged, as affirmed by
historians, to a noble family, but there is no document that allows
us to affirm this peremptorily. However, it is certain that he was an
orientalist and a great traveler.
What was known in the early 17th century as the "Fraternity of the
Rose Cross" seems to have been a number of isolated individuals who
held certain views in common, which apparently was their only bond of
union. These views were regarding hermetic knowledge, related to the
higher nature of man, and also with common philosophical conceptions
towards the foundation of a more perfected human society. There is no
trace of a Fraternity or secret society which held meetings, or had
officers or leaders. So far, as many works are concerned, it is
evident that the writers who posed as Rosicrucians were moral and
religious reformers, and utilized the technicalities of chemistry
(alchemy), and the sciences generally, as media through which to
publicize their opinions and beliefs. Their writings included a hint
of mysticism or occultism, promoting inquiry and suggesting hidden
meanings discernible or discoverable only by "Adepts."
The publications of Fama Fraternitatis Rosae Crucis (1614), Confessio
Fraternitatis (1615), and Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz
(1616) caused immense excitement throughout Europe. These works
declared the existence of a secret brotherhood of alchemists and
sages who were interpreted as preparing to transform the arts,
sciences, religion, political, and intellectual landscape of Europe
while wars of politics and religion ravaged the continent. Not only
did these works lead to many re-issues, but they were followed by
numerous pamphlets, favourable and otherwise, whose authors generally
knew little of the real aims of the original author and often amused
themselves at the public's expense. According to historical records,
it is probable that the first work was circulated in manuscript form
about 1610, even though there was no mention of the order before that
decade. In fact, research indicates that all three documents probably
were the creation of Lutheran theologian Johann Valentin Andreae
(1586-1654). However, his authorship only is confirmed for the
Chymical Wedding, which he subsequently described as a Ludibrium. The
authors of the Rosicrucian works generally favoured Lutheranism as
opposed to Catholicism.
Around 1530, more than eighty years before the publication of the
first manifesto, documented evidence of the cross and the rose
already existed in Portugal in the Convent of the Order of Christ,
home of the Knights Templar, which later was renamed Order of Christ.
Three bocetes were, and still are, on the abóboda of the initiations'
room. In these cases, the rose can clearly be seen at the center of
the cross. At the same time, a minor writing by Paracelsus called
Prognosticatio Eximii Doctoris Paracelsi (1530) contained the image
of a double cross over an open rose, along with a written reference
to it. The occultist Stanislas de Guaita, "Au seuil du Mystère"
(1886), used Paracelsus' writing, and other examples, to prove
the "Fraternity of the Rose Cross" existed far earlier than 1614.
http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Rosicrucian/id/1896894

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: