From: Cristian Ciupitu <cristian.ciupitu-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [poedit-users] How to translate a Django application using Poedit?
Newsgroups: gmane.editors.poedit.user
Date: Wednesday 14th July 2010 15:47:18 UTC (over 6 years ago)
--- On Wed, 7/14/10, Vaclav Slavik
 wrote:
> From: Vaclav Slavik
> Subject: Re: [poedit-users] How to translate a Django application using
Poedit?
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:10 PM
> On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 07:38 -0700,
> Cristian Ciupitu wrote:
> > so Poedit tries to open `locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/admin.py` which of
> > course does not exist. Is there a way to fix this issue?
>
> Yes: either put the .py files where Poedit can find them (as they are
> without path, that would be the same directory where the .po file is) or
> fix django-admin to create .po files with full relative paths to the
> files, as xgettext does. Of course, if you were to write a patch to
> Poedit that implemets smarter lookup of the files, it would be gladly
> accepted too.

So I can not set some paths for poedit where it can search for the source
code files? If not, I guess the other option would be to report a bug
(or enhancement) for djang-admin.

> BTW, the subject line is misleading: this is inconvenient a bit, sure,
> but it's far cry from preventing you from doing the translation. (Unless
> Django does something weird like not using full English strings for
> msgid?)

My intention was to ask for something like best practices when working on
a Django based project. That was the best subject line I could come up to.
I'm a bit curious what else I could have used.

If I would have had another major issue I would have been more specific,
but for the translation itself Poedit seems to work fine, although some
of the suggested translations are a bit strange. Is there a way to find
out from which MO/PO/RPM file were they extracted and put into the
translations database? There might be a translation bug and I would like
to report it.

Thank you,
Cristian Ciupitu