From: Ralph Hancock <ralph.hancock <at> GMAIL.COM>
Subject: A new free clasical Greek font
Newsgroups: gmane.education.classics
Date: Tuesday 17th April 2012 23:02:05 UTC (over 5 years ago)
The two free Unicode classical Greek fonts on my web page
http://www.hancock.dircon.co.uk/
have been joined by a new(ish) one, Kyrtos. This combines the upright
capitals of Orthos with an enlarged and reworked version of the Greek
lower case of Orthos italic, to make an old-fashioned font of the kind
that was in standard use when I was at school.

However, the slanted lower case is quite distinguished, as it is a
version of a Greek font by Pierre Haultin cut around 1550, which I
copied from an Iliad of 1572 printed in Strasbourg. Haultin was the
successor to Claude Garamont [sic: that's how he spelt his name] at
the French royal printing works.

As appropriate for such an antique font, I've drawn a set of old style
numerals. And as usual, all the ordinary extra characters are
included.

This font is offered to all free. It is suitable for use on both
Windows and Mac machines.

RH

CD: 5ms