From: Gavin Spomer <spomerg <at> cwu.EDU>
Subject: RE: Re:Can't Start Ezproxy
Newsgroups: gmane.education.ezproxy
Date: Tuesday 26th July 2011 16:06:13 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Thanks John.

Yeah, I saw that info on the osdir.com and oclc sites when I Googled and
did a site search on oclc.org.

I'm not even sure HOW I'd be running it twice from the same directory. I
would think the startup scripts would in /etc/init.d would handle this
intelligently. I was looking for ezproxy processes with ps anyways.

Yes, EZProxy up and running IS good. :)

- Gavin

>>> John Benedetto <[email protected]> 7/26/2011 8:48 AM >>>

Gavin,

<http://osdir.com/ml/education.ezproxy/2004-08/msg00189.html>
"IPC is short for inter-process communication. This file stores details on
the EZproxy process "

and

<http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/ezproxy/pdf/ezproxy_upgradeguide.pdf>
"The IPC file (named ezproxy.ipc) is now being created on Windows
platforms. This resolves the possibility of multiple instances of EZproxy
being started on a server out of the same directory."

It DOES sound like a lock file.  But it also sounds REAL important, and you
should make sure that you aren't running EZProxy twice from the same
directory.

Since you got it up and running, that's good, right?

John

CD: 3ms