Richmond,Ian | 28 Feb 23:17 2013
Picon

RE:Host 'considered down' message

This means that ezproxy couldn’t reach to the vendor – really just it’s “timed out” message.  We see waves of this when network connectivity is spotty.  Not really under your control.  Probably your institution’s or your institution’s ISP’s problem, if anything.

From: New, Sarah [mailto:Sarah.New <at> CSN.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:51 PM
To: EZProxy discussion list
Subject: [ezproxy] Host 'considered down' message

Hi everyone,

I’ve had intermittent reports of students being unable to login to a variety of databases.  When I checked the messages.txt file, I found a bunch of entries that looked like this:

UUconnect remote host global.ebsco-content.com considered down in DoTranslate

Does anyone know what this means or how I can solve the problem?  I can’t find this error in the documentation!

Thanks so much,

Sarah New, MSLS

Digital Librarian

CSN Library Services

West Charleston Campus

(702) 651-7511

http://www.csn.edu/library

You are currently subscribed to ezproxy as: ir28 <at> drexel.edu.
To unsubscribe, send request to scacad <at> itec.suny.edu

You are currently subscribed to ezproxy as: gee-ezproxy2 <at> m.gmane.org.
To unsubscribe, send request to scacad <at> itec.suny.edu

Gmane