Michael Borries | 17 Apr 20:03 2012

What readers want

Without commenting on the issues (with which I am not familiar), I send this along primarily as an example of
what at least one segment of readers wants from libraries (neither Joan Scott nor Sandy Cooper are
librarians, and the people to whom this was                sent are faculty of various institutions).

Michael S. Borries
Cataloger, City University of New York
151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY  10010
Phone: (646) 312-1687
Email: Michael.Borries@...<mailto:Michael.Borries@...>

LETTER TO ANTHONY MARX

From: CUNY UFS Announcement-only list
[mailto:UFS-NEWS@...]<mailto:[mailto:UFS-NEWS@...]>
On Behalf Of Sandi Cooper
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:23 PM
To: UFS-NEWS@...<mailto:UFS-NEWS@...>
Subject: The NYPL proposal to alter 42nd St

Dear Colleagues

Please send this around widely.   Attached is a letter drafted by Joan Scott of the Princeton Institute of
Advanced Study to Anthony Marx, head of the 42nd St. Library -- who plans to alter the library in a manner
antithetical to its status as a premier research institution.  Your endorsement in important.

Sandi

Sandi E. Cooper, Chair
University Faculty Senate -- CUNY
535 E 80 Street