From: Blake Carver <lists-EkB11BY5Vj5BDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Linux Sysadmin Help Wanted @ LISHost.org
Newsgroups: gmane.education.web4lib
Date: Tuesday 17th June 2008 16:31:40 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Linux Sysadmin Help Wanted @ LISHost.org
Apologizes for the cross postings if you're seeing this more than once
today!
(This is a bit more than a "help wanted", but slightly less than "for
sale")

I've spent about 5 years turning LISHost.org into a busy little
librarian web hosting spot, and I've decided it's time for me to step
aside as the "do everything guy." I'm looking for someone to help me
with the main day to day operations at LISHost. My plan is to reduce
the time I spend on the servers and change my role to more of a part
time support guy.

This is more than a sysadmin position. It's more than a support
position. But it's part time, requires no travel or regular hours, and
pays as much as you think you can grow the business.

I'm hoping for a "real" librarian or at the very least, someone who
has worked in a library. This means I'd like you to have an MLS,
though it's not required.

If you're interested you should have several years experience running
a Linux or Unix web server, especially RHEL. You should be a "jack of
all trades" when it comes to systems administration tasks.

The more things on this list you can demonstrate experience with the
better:
Open Source software in general
RHEL
Drupal, Wordpress, Mediawiki, Gallery, Movabletype, etc..
Programming in PERL, BASH, PHP, and MySQL
MySQL administration
Apache configuration
Rsync
mod_security
spamassasin
Cron
Yum and Up2date
Postifx and Qmail, Dovecot and Vpopmail
Top, Free, Vmstat, etc...
Iptables
du, df, ls, rm, find, tail, more, etc (both /etc and etc...)
Various .conf files and what they do

If you think you have what it takes, please drop me an email (not at
this address but at [email protected]) and
we can start talking
about what I have in mind.

Blake Carver
LISHost.org