Invitation and Call for Proposals: Innovation in Libraries 2012, a Free Postconference to LITA Forum
2012-06-08 13:51:41 GMT
Innovation in Libraries 2012
A Free Post Conference event after LITA Forum
Invitation and Call for Proposals
Do you love exploring new ideas? Always secretly wished you knew more about how to create an app? Wonder what the next wave of library innovation might be?
If you answered yes, then Innovation in Libraries 2012 is for you. The event will happen after LITA Forum concludes on Oct. 7, and will continue through the morning of Oct. 8. Sponsored by OCLC and held at the Columbus Metropolitan Library Main Library, Innovation in Libraries 2012 is your chance to hear from experts and colleagues, and contribute your ideas. Library innovation of all flavors will be on tap; you are invited.
To register and learn more about Innovation in Libraries 2012, go to: http://www.oclc.org/innovation.
Whether you plan to attend LITA Forum or not, you are encouraged to share your innovations, ideas and instructive failures with fellow attendees at Innovation in Libraries 2012. There are three (3) potential ways to participate:
· 20 minute sessions These are your standard presentations where you showcase the interesting work you’re doing at your library/consortium, etc
· 5 minute lightning talks These are pecha kucha-style sessions designed to have 20 slides each
· 1 hour breakout session leader Brush up your group facilitation skills by volunteering to lead a breakout discussion on a specific topic. Examples include:
1 Building apps for tech services
2 Building apps for discovery layers
3 Library integration with nonlibrary functions
4 Nonlibrary apps and “what’s out there”
5 Your interesting topic here….
The following topics might get your creative juices flowing:
- App ideation and creation
- Apps usage and outcomes, results
- Using APIs and Web services
- Platform usage
- Building a staff culture of creativity
- Building useful tools for your library
- Widgets, gadgets, plug-ins
- Strategies to help staff innovate
- Strategies to help users innovate
Basically, share something interesting, include a technical angle and explain how it helped your library/users/libraries worldwide in the process.
Submit your proposal at http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=innolib12proposal by 31 July 2012.
Registration for Innovation in Libraries 2012 is open now, at http://www.oclc.org/innovation. All accepted proposals will also need to register separately for the event, which is free to all attendees.
WorldShare Platform Community Manager
OCLC, 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, OH 43017
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/