Wayne Mackintosh | 3 Nov 08:04 2011
Picon

Washington state course library project -- First 42 courses

Hi everyone,

We extend our congratulations to Washington State and the Course Library project for a landmark international achievement!

The first 42 college courses licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license have been released. Read more:

The OER university initiative can now build on the solid foundations established under the leadership of Cable Green (Director of Global Learning, Creative Commons) and Tom Caswell (SBCTC Open Education Policy Associate).  We now have the opportunity to increase the return on investment by an order of magnitude by extending free learning opportunities using these course materials with pathways for formal accreditation from our anchor partners worldwide.

OER is a renewable and sustainable resource.

A BIG round of applause for our open education friends in Washington State.

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation