From: Wayne Mackintosh <mackintosh.wayne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Washington state course library project -- First 42 courses
Newsgroups: gmane.education.wikieducator.general
Date: Thursday 3rd November 2011 07:04:28 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi everyone,

We extend our congratulations to Washington State and the Course Library
project for a landmark international achievement!

The first 42 college courses licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution
license have been released. Read more:

The OER university initiative can now build on the solid foundations
established under the leadership of Cable Green (Director of Global
Learning, Creative Commons) and Tom Caswell (SBCTC Open Education Policy
Associate).  We now have the opportunity to increase the return on
investment by an order of magnitude by extending free learning
opportunities using these course materials with pathways for formal
accreditation from our anchor partners worldwide.

OER is a renewable and sustainable resource.

A BIG round of applause for our open education friends in Washington State.

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>,
Ph.D.