From: T. V. Raman <raman <at> users.sf.net>
Subject: Re: problems with tonight's svn update
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.emacspeak.general
Date: Thursday 2nd August 2007 13:25:22 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Yes, the issue is specifically w3m and its interaction with the
browse-url package.

Study the code in emacspeak-we.el to understand how things work.

Basically it sets up the xslt environment and hands things off to
browse-url.

For some reason w3m doesn't always appear to respect the
containing environment -- I suspect mostly because the external w3m
process has already run before the xslt bits take effect.

    Lukas> Lukas Loehrer writes ("Re: problems with tonight's svn
    Lukas> update"):
    >> Robert D. Crawford writes ("problems with tonight's svn
    >> update"): > Using w3 and w3m, I no longer have the ability
    >> to use xslt.  No matter > what I try to apply.  Using the
    >> url template for google hits I get this > backtrace: > ...
    >>
    >> I am experiencing the same problem. I get a blank page for
    >> the google hits URL template.
    Lukas>
    Lukas> I must correct myself here, the problem seems to be
    Lukas> limited to the case where w3m is selected as the
    Lukas> default browser. With w3 as the default browser, the
    Lukas> two templates I tried "Google Hits" and "Shoutcast"
    Lukas> work fine.
    Lukas>
    Lukas> Sorry for the confusion and best regards, Lukas

    Lukas>