From: T. V. Raman <raman <at> users.sf.net>
Subject: format-mode-line function
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.emacspeak.general
Date: Tuesday 5th September 2006 13:02:58 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Assume this is emacs 21.x --- looks like function
format-mode-line got added later.

If that is the case you'll get the error *everywhere* not just in
dired, ---
I'll need to re-install the older hand-rolled code later tonight.

    tcross> Hi Raman, FYI I just did an svn checkout and am now
    tcross> getting the following error when running dired under
    tcross> emacs 21.4
    tcross>
    tcross> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
    tcross> format-mode-line) format-mode-line((""
    tcross> display-time-string)) emacspeak-speak-mode-line()
    tcross> emacspeak-dired-initialize()
    tcross> dired("~/.poddy/downloads/" nil) *
    tcross> call-interactively(dired)
    tcross>
    tcross> I did a bit of checking and format-mode-line does not
    tcross> appear to be in emacs 21. However, it is in emacs 22.
    tcross>
    tcross> regards,
    tcross>
    tcross> Tim
    tcross>
    tcross> -- Tim Cross [email protected]
    tcross>
    tcross> There are two types of people in IT - those who do
    tcross> not manage what they understand and those who do not
    tcross> understand what they manage.
    tcross>
    tcross>