D. D. Brierton | 8 Nov 20:07 2002

Correct sgml-declaration for (X)HTML

What are the best files to use for the sgml-declaration for HTML and
XHTML? At the moment, for HTML 4.01 Strict, Transitional and Frameset
I'm currently using

/usr/share/sgml/openjade/pubtext/html.dcl

and for XHTML 1.0 Strict, Transitional and Frameset, and XHTML 1.1 I'm
using

/usr/share/sgml/openjade/pubtext/xml.dcl

both from from openjade 1.3.1. Are these appropriate? (I'm not really
sure what the declaration file does exactly.) Are there ones from the
W3C that are specific to the particular flavours of HTML?

Best, Darren