Alex White | 15 Feb 01:17 2005

perl planner-mode module

Hey,

I've been working on a perl library that parses planner-mode pages, for
use with emacs planner-mode or eventually as a stand-alone perl-based
wiki plugin.

I have an early version of my library available that parses
planner-mode pages, stores data in a central SQLite database.  It also
exports tasks and schedule data to ICAL (a standardized calendaring
format) using the ICalLite perl module, which I began writing
specifically for that purpose.

  http://www.geekfarm.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PlannerMode

So far, the only PlannerMode script that's fully working uses Sacha's
remind.el lisp code, along with my own plan2rem script that uses my
PlannerMode and ICalLite libraries to create an ICAL file.   By keeping
the ICAL file behind a WebDAV server, I can subscribe to it and track
any changes automatically in my ICAL client, the Mac OS X calendar app
(it's also supported by the mozilla calendar client and others).  I can
see all my incomplete tasks on the to-do list (with proper due dates
and such), along with a calendar view of my schedule.  The mac client
even supports syncing both task lists and schedule data to my palmtop.
:)

The code is alpha quality.  It needs some refactoring, may have
numerous bugs, and the docs are pretty weak at the moment.  The modules
are available for download at the link above and the plan2rem script
(included in the PlannerMode tarball) seems to be working great at this
point, at least for me.  Suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

--
wu

Gmane