From: Chris Doary <doary-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Festung Budapest hits the Red Dot
Newsgroups: gmane.games.advanced-squad-leader
Date: Friday 6th April 2012 21:51:59 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Finally got around to playing FB11 Boy Soldier today.

Galantay did a little number on some Russkies, but was knocked unconscious
when he ran outside into a friendly FFE to take on a pinned 9-2 and a
broken 6-2-8. He was wounded when he began his charge, but lived up to his
exuberant historical namesake.

The rubble generation was unexpectedly kind to the defenders. No debris was
generated, and the only falling rubble came crashing down on the
chapel--very ahistoric! :)

Had a ball with all the crazy LOS. Would love to try this one again, but as
the attacking Reds.

KG Europa was a mishmash of personnel from various units, recuperating
soldiers, soldiers on leave, and so forth. KG Europa was one of several
"alarm" units raised during the siege. They were generally used to plug
holes in the line, defend key areas, etc. The Vannay Battalion was an Alarm
Bn. All of the alarm units came under the same (German) commander, IIRC.

Chris
http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.ca/2012/03/gallant-galantay.html

On 2012-04-01, at 2:12 AM, geb3 wrote:

> Festung Budapest was delivered to my office a couple weeks ago.  Man,
talk
> about heavy payload - the box nearly crashed through my desk.  With 46
pages
> of rules, 4 maps, 17 scenarios and 9 counter sheets, the thing is bigger
> than Valor Of The Guards and denser than depleted uranium.
>
> My patient new bride was willing to allow me some time to admire my new
toy,
> but quarter-end has prevented me from sharing a few questions/thoughts
until
> now.
>
> 1.  Curious about the composition of Kampfgruppe Europa - what units were
> part of this command?
> 2.  Bit disappointed at the use of the term "Wehrmacht" for Heer units in
> the reinforcement tables
> 3.  Likewise sad to see the US M2 .50 cal MG silhouette on the Soviet
DShK