Chris Lohroff | 8 Dec 19:38 2004

Re: Re: Crokinole Tournament <at> work

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:15:58 -0500, Joe Casadonte
<jcasadonte <at> northbound-train.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, chris <at> lohroff.com wrote:
>
> >> Is it reasonable to put a time limit on the games?  Or does that
> >> present an unfair advantage?
> >
> > I think a time limit is a bad idea as it might encourage stalling by
> > the leading team, but that's just me.
>
> In my very limited experience, the way Stan & Carl arranged the
> tourney at Euro Quest last month worked very, very well, and was very
> fairly done.  Every person leads once, and you score points for who
> wins the board, not the actual points on the board.  See the archives
> for details.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> joe
> Joe Casadonte
> jcasadonte <at> northbound-train.com

Good idea.

Tournament scoring works like this:

2 points for winning a board
1 point each for tying a board

If you're playing a set number of rounds, then you can just do 1 point
for winning and 0 points for tying.  Otherwise, you can play to
something from 5-7 to get the length you want for the games.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/grQolB/TM