Chris Benson | 7 Feb 22:24 2011

Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt> (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry) to BCP

Hi folks,

Sam Hartman wrote (and others suggest):

>>  I think that being able to discuss concerns with reviewers and being
>>  able to consider potential conflicts and other issues mean that an open
>>  dialogue with identified reviewers is an important part of our
>>  process. Anonymous contributions may have their place in the WG process,
>>  but I don't think they should have a place in expert review oor blocking
>>  objections to documents.  So, as an individual I strongly support making
>>  expert reviewers identities public.

I don't see that "public identity" (of expert reviewers) is
required for "interactive discussion".  Or would anonymous
interaction fail a Turing test of some kind?

Chris Benson.

Gmane