Janos Mohacsi | 8 Apr 17:18 2003
Picon

RE: <draft-shin-v6ops-application-transition-00.txt>

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the delay in answering, the mail got lost.
> >
> > The draft has been practically on hold since Atlanta.  I
> > wonder if others feel this is a work item that's useful
> > for the w.g. or not.  Comments welcome.
>
> IMHO it's quite useful as I currently point people to
> either Itojun's "AF-independent application" (*1) or
> Eva's "Porting applications to IPv6" *2 documents
> whenever they ask on how to procede in making applications
> IPv6 aware. Having a draft which explains this is
> another good starting point for persons wanting to know.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Greets,
>  Jeroen
>
> *1 = http://www.kame.net/newsletter/19980604/
> *2 = http://jungla.dit.upm.es/~ecastro/IPv6-web/ipv6.html

There is another two articles, however they are bit dated:

Solaris IPv6 porting guide:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/ipv6/porting_guide_ipv6.pdf

The old Tru64 unix Network Programmer's Guide:
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARH9UETE/TITLE.HTM

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98

Gmane