From: Ann Davis <andavis <at> novell.com>
Subject: Re: DazukoFS 3.0.0-rc2 posted
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.dazuko.devel
Date: Monday 3rd November 2008 18:21:42 UTC (over 8 years ago)
jim burns wrote:
> On Thu October 9 2008 4:22:03 pm John Ogness wrote:
>
>> I have posted the next release candidate for DazukoFS 3.0.0. One major
>> bug and several minor bugs were discovered in the process management
>> code. These have been fixed. If you encounter _any_ warnings or
>> errors, please report them to this list. Even if you can't provide (or
>> don't have time for) a detailed report, it is still helpful for me to
>> know if problems exist.
>>

> As previously reported on 9/28, this won't build on openSuSE 11.0. The
error
> is in inode.c, presumably from nullfs, and is reproduced below.

I believe the root of the problem is that on openSUSE (and SLE 11), the
vfs_mknod function has an extra "struct vfsmount" argument, put in place
for AppArmor.  Pls. see the  http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/12/20/189
thread.

John, pls. offer your thoughts on how hard it would be to support this
difference in the SUSE kernels...

Thx,

Ann

CD: 426ms