From: Andy O'Brien [mailto:aobrien <at> greenseainc.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 8:18 PM
To: gumstix-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] Overo Tide + Tobi - No ethernet

List,

I reported similar problems with Tide + Tobi Ethernet recently:

http://old.nabble.com/Overo-Tide-%2B-Tobi-no-Ethernet-worky-td31943543.html
Overo Tide + Tobi no Ethernet worky (Andy O'Brien)

I have three Tides and three Tobis and each exhibits the same behavior

"Net:   smc911x: Invalid chip endian" + some number

from u-boot.  I don't think the issue is interconnect as I've tried
reseating each a number of times and always listen for both connectors
to snap/seat.   I'll try them against other COMs/expansion boards next
week and post.

In the meantime if anyone solves this issue by doing something other
than reseating their board please post.

Thanks!
Andy