From: Antti Palosaari <crope <at> iki.fi>
Subject: comments for DVB LNA API
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
Date: Tuesday 10th July 2012 16:20:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I am looking how to implement LNA support for the DVB API.

What we need to be configurable at least is: OFF, ON, AUTO.

There is LNAs that support variable gain and likely those will be sooner
or later. Actually I think there is already LNAs integrated to the
RF-tuner that offers adjustable gain. Also looking to NXP catalog and
you will see there is digital TV LNAs with adjustable gain.

Coming from that requirements are:
adjustable gain 0-xxx dB
LNA OFF
LNA ON
LNA AUTO

Setting LNA is easy but how to query capabilities of supported LNA
values? eg. this device has LNA which supports Gain=5dB, Gain=8dB, LNA
auto?

LNA ON (bypass) could be replaced with Gain=0 and LNA ON with Gain>0,
Gain=-1 is for auto example.

regards
Antti

--