Pekka Ahmavuo | 5 Nov 10:41 2002
Picon

enbd on logical volumer

Hi!

We have implemented a Linux cluster using virtual servers,
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc.

We used drbd for data replication. It worked without problems it our test
environment, but after about a month of uptime drbd partitions hung twice
within a day in our production environment. So we are now looking for a drbd
replacement.

I have done some testing with enbd and raid1 and it seems to work quite well. I
did also export LVM logical volumes using enbd, which seemed to work as well as
exporting normal partitions.

However, after drbd problems I am bit cautious now. Do you know if there are
any problems in enbd + sw raid1 + LVM combination? I am going to use enbd for
exporting LVM logical volumes and build raid1 on an exported lv and a local lv.

The reason for using LVM is that it allows to take backups against static
snapshots.

Btw, have any of you use used enbd with evms,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/evms/ ?

br,
Pekka

Gmane