From: Bruno Medeiros <brunojcm <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: support for URU 4500 reader?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.fprint
Date: Saturday 18th December 2010 15:53:51 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I use URU 4000 perfectly with lfprint.

BrunoJCM

Em 18/12/2010 13:50, "Rajagopal, Prasanth" escreveu:

Thanks.

Sounds like I really need to get on with USB protocol and extract from the
analyzer results. Is reverse engineering actually legal?

When I downloaded the Linux package, they seem to give the driver source
code, but I don't find the user examples. I also don't find a documentation
that explains the way to communicate - for the USB host. Perhaps, unless I
pay I would never get that from Vendor, even if its Linux?

Two questions:

- Do people still use URU 4000? Perhaps I should try to get one (not sure
if
it's still available with distributors, because Digitalpersona says its
phased out)?

- What is the most relevant (in market, on availability) device that has
the
fprint driver available ported?

I contacted Atmel, they say that they discontinued product line long back.
Upek is being taken over by Authentec and Digitalpersona lists only one
device.
Uhhmmm pretty confuse what to order...

BTW, the website http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/
doesn't