Markos Chandras | 14 Jul 11:32 2012
Picon

Recruitment process is moving back to quizzes

Dear Gentoo Community,

If you are not a recruit, mentor, or wannabe mentor you may stop
reading now.

We (recruiters) decided to revert back to the quizzes for the
recruitment process. The web application does not work as we expected.
There are a few open bugs, nobody is working on improving this
application and it's been quite a bit of pain to use it during the
(long) recruitment process. We understand that quizzes is not an ideal
way to "hire" people either, but they worked ok for all these years
and it is the only alternative we have at the moment. Hopefully, we
will manage to improve the web application on a future GSOC project.

If you have already submitted your answers on the web application,
that is fine. However, I would strongly advise future recruits to
complete the quizzes instead. If you don't, we will ask you to do so
when we pick you up. Obviously, this will lead to extra delay and
frustration.

This does not apply to Arch Testers. The recruitment process for Arch
Testers will still be through the web application

Regards,