From: Matthew Hawkins <darthmdh <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.ck
Date: Wednesday 11th July 2007 01:02:56 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On 7/10/07, Con Kolivas  wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 July 2007 18:31, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > When replying, please rewrite the subject suitably and try to Cc: the
> > appropriate developer(s).
>
> ~swap prefetch

[snip]
Put me and the users out of our misery and merge it now
[snip]

For the record; it merges, builds, and runs cleanly on x86_64 vanilla+CFS
provided sched-add_above_background_load is also merged (you need the old
one that adds an inline to sched.h, not the new one that depends on
SD-isms).  I believe that is already merged with -mm anyway.

I'd also be interested to see if there is a better way of doing what
above_background_load() does with CFS, I think v18 added some functionality
along these lines...

We all know swap prefetch has been tested out the wazoo since Moses was a
little boy, is compile-time and runtime selectable, and gives an important
and quantifiable performance increase to desktop systems.  Save a Redhat
employee some time reinventing the wheel and just merge it.  This wheel
already has dope 21" rims, homes ;-)

--
Matt

CD: 2ms