Matthew Hawkins | 11 Jul 03:02 2007
Picon

Re: Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23

On 7/10/07, Con Kolivas <kernel <at> kolivas.org> wrote:

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 18:31, Andrew Morton wrote:
> When replying, please rewrite the subject suitably and try to Cc: the
> appropriate developer(s).

~swap prefetch
[snip]
Put me and the users out of our misery and merge it now
[snip]

For the record; it merges, builds, and runs cleanly on x86_64 vanilla+CFS provided sched-add_above_background_load is also merged (you need the old one that adds an inline to sched.h, not the new one that depends on SD-isms).  I believe that is already merged with -mm anyway.

I'd also be interested to see if there is a better way of doing what above_background_load() does with CFS, I think v18 added some functionality along these lines...

We all know swap prefetch has been tested out the wazoo since Moses was a little boy, is compile-time and runtime selectable, and gives an important and quantifiable performance increase to desktop systems.  Save a Redhat employee some time reinventing the wheel and just merge it.  This wheel already has dope 21" rims, homes ;-)

--
Matt

Gmane