Marc Ferland | 26 Nov 22:47 2009
Picon

xorg7 metapackage install failure

Hi,

I've completed the LFS guide using the ALFS scripts and have now moved on building xorg7 using the same
technique. I've read the README.BLFS file and selected the xorg7 meta package from the menu. Everything
is fine until the script tries to resolve the dependencies. More precisely:

*** End of JHALFS configuration.
CONFIG_XORG7
TARGET............ <xorg7>
DEP_LEVEL......... <1>
SUDO.............. <y>
PRINT_SERVER...... <cups>
MAIL_SERVER....... <sendmail>
GHOSTSCRIPT....... <espgs>
KBR5.............. <mitkrb>
X11............... <xorg7>

Are you happy with these settings? yes/no (no): yes

`./libs/xorg7.dep-MOD' -> `./libs/xorg7.dep'
	Generating xorg7 dependencies tree ...

call: 1 xterm2
call: 2  xorg7-lib
call: 3   libXdmcp
 ret: 3   libXdmcp  Using libXdmcp Xinc to solve xorg7-lib
call: 3   fontconfig
 ret: 3   fontconfig  Using fontconfig Xinc to solve xorg7-lib
 ret: 2  xorg7-lib  Using xorg7-lib Xinc to solve xterm2
 ret: 1 xterm2  Using xterm2 Xinc to solve xorg7
call: 1 xorg7-driver
call: 2  xorg7-server
call: 3   xkeyboard-config
call: 4    xorg7-app
call: 5     xbitmaps
call: 6      xorg7-util
 ret: 6      xorg7-util  Using xorg7-util Xinc to solve xbitmaps
 ret: 5     xbitmaps  Using xbitmaps Xinc to solve xorg7-app
 ret: 4    xorg7-app  Using xorg7-app Xinc to solve xkeyboard-config
call: 4    intltool
 ret: 4    intltool  Using intltool Xinc to solve xkeyboard-config
 ret: 3   xkeyboard-config  Using xkeyboard-config Xinc to solve xorg7-server
call: 3   xorg7-font
call: 4    xcursor-themes
 ret: 4    xcursor-themes  Using xcursor-themes Xinc to solve xorg7-font
 ret: 3   xorg7-font  Using xorg7-font Xinc to solve xorg7-server
 ret: 2  xorg7-server  Using xorg7-server Xinc to solve xorg7-driver
 ret: 1 xorg7-driver  Using xorg7-driver Xinc to solve xorg7
call: 1 luit
 ret: 1 luit  Using luit Xinc to solve xorg7I/O error : Is a directory
../:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
../:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^
I/O error : Is a directory
unable to parse ../
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 6

Anyone having this issue?

I tried removing luit as well as xterm (since it depends on it in the guide) but I still get the same error.

The error seems to come from the last line of blfs_root/xorg7/xincludes/xorg7.xinc.tmp:
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" href="../blfs-xml/postlfs/editors/ed.xml"/>
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" href="../blfs-xml/general/graphlib/libpng.xml"/>
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" href="../blfs-xml/x/installing/xbitmaps.xml"/>
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" href="../blfs-xml/x/installing/x7util.xml"/>