Jacques Goldberg | 18 Apr 14:10 2006

Re: lt_get_modem_interface

Peter,
ONE possible cause may be poor line quality
Just to make sure, drastically reduce the speed by adding
+MS=V34 preceeded by one space to the last modem initialization string
command such as in ATZ +MS-V34
(or add AT+MS=V34 if initialization strings are empty).
You reach this as follows: kppp->Setup->Modem->ModemCommands
If this helps you can optimize the loss in speed by reading
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/x2-linklimit.asp#Lucent FOR THE MARS MODEM.
Lucent only, Mars only. Ignore other brands and modems.

Jacques

Peter Keller wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 02:56, Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
>
>>Peter,
>>
>>For 2.6.14 and later kernels, the  martian240206.tar.gz  at
>>http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/
>>must be used. Do first completely uninstall the current drivers first
>>
>>MarvS
>>ltmodem co-maintainer
>

> Hi Marvin,
> Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
> However I did as you asked, and things still don't work properly.
> The driver seemed to compile all right (report attached) and the module could
> be loaded, however on trying to use the module I got the following: (I am
> using kppp)  The modem would connect after a long time with NoEC and then do
> nothing.  i got the same result also when booting my SMP machine with the
> noapic kernel option.  Anything else I should be doing?
>
> Peter
>
> -su-3.1# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> martian_drv            12884  0
> nvidia               4537172  12
> nls_iso8859_1           4160  1
> nls_cp437               5824  1
> vfat                   14016  1
> fat                    53660  1 vfat
> hw_random               5976  0
> -su-3.1# helper/martian_helper /dev/ttyX
> martian_helper: warning: smp: affinity: no processors availablemartian_helper:
> info: Your port is /dev/ttyX
>
> ATZ
> OK
> atm1l3