Fabrice Facorat | 6 Mar 21:53 2011
Picon

Re: Since latest systemd update the system boot in read only

2011/3/3 Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar <at> gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Fabrice Facorat
> <fabrice.facorat <at> gmail.com> wrote:

>> Indeed the root filesystem is RO, but there's something strange :
>
> That is probably the main reason why everything else fails. Could you
> please start with systemd.log_level=debug sysemd.log_target=kmsg
> systemd.unit=rescue.target and provide dmesg output after boot? rescue
> simply to limit amount of output, it should have remounted root rw at
> this point already.

You will find attached the dmesg log for both a boot in rescue mode
(systemd_debug.log) , and the boot in normal mode (
systemd_debug-default_unit.log).

Please note that in rescue target, / end up being RW. At the contrary
in default target ( graphical ), / is RO with conflicting output from
mount and /proc/mounts.
I did notice also that /home was not mounted. I did attached the
output from mount and /proc/mounts content too.

Tests done with the following packages versions :
systemd-19-3-mdv2011.0.i586
initscripts-9.25-1-mdv2011.0.i586
systemd-sysvinit-19-3-mdv2011.0.i586
systemd-units-19-3-mdv2011.0.i586

Close the World, Open the Net
http://www.linux-wizard.net
Attachment (systemd_debug.log): text/x-log, 143 KiB
Attachment (proc_mounts_output.log): text/x-log, 3404 bytes
Attachment (mount_cmd_output.log): text/x-log, 133 bytes

Gmane