Jeff Johnson | 1 May 00:07 2011
Picon

Re: rpm6.org is now beginning (was Re: end of rpm5.org ?)

On Apr 30, 2011, at 2:52 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2011, at 2:50 PM, nicolas vigier wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>

>>> I have added DNS records for
>>> 	rpm6.org IN A 	194.97.152.138
>>> 	rpm6.org IN MX  5 rpm6.org
>>> and put in the sysadmin request to restart httpd and anonymous cvs access.
>>
>> rpm6.org dns is working, but it seems there is a problem with rpm7.org.
>>

> Wait a few years and try again ...
>
> fwiw rpm5.org is being resurrected status quo ante, but I have
> a ver very lazy (truly he's astonishing) sysadmin.

And my lazy scmuck sysadmin has now restarted httpd.

You've had *MONTHS* to make peace with rpm5, now y'all have
your very own rpm5.org "project" to participate in or trash mouth as you wish.

Have fun!

Thierry: And you alone were responsible for destroying the "rpm5" brand.

Which now brings us to the M&M distros, because that *IS* what this list is about.

You've had *MONTHS* to make peace with rpm5 and mostly haven't. rpm5 is being cited as
a "fiasco" and is blamed for most anything you don't like.

What you don't like has nothing whatsoever to do with this "tourist with camera"
wandering the dungeons hacking on RPM.

I can tell you that a "fork" is a huge waste of time & energy from first hand
experience.

I can also say that the M&M distros are more similar than different,
and strongly suggest that you make peace somehow and move on.

We now return you to work in progress ...

73 de Jeff

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 6278 bytes

Gmane