From: Jeff Johnson <n3npq <at> mac.com>
Subject: Re: rpm6.org is now beginning (was Re: end of rpm5.org ?)
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.mandrake.cooker.devel
Date: Saturday 30th April 2011 22:07:00 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Apr 30, 2011, at 2:52 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2011, at 2:50 PM, nicolas vigier wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>

>>> I have added DNS records for
>>> 	rpm6.org IN A 	194.97.152.138
>>> 	rpm6.org IN MX  5 rpm6.org
>>> and put in the sysadmin request to restart httpd and anonymous cvs
access.

>> rpm6.org dns is working, but it seems there is a problem with rpm7.org.
>>

> Wait a few years and try again ...
>
> fwiw rpm5.org is being resurrected status quo ante, but I have
> a ver very lazy (truly he's astonishing) sysadmin.

And my lazy scmuck sysadmin has now restarted httpd.

You've had *MONTHS* to make peace with rpm5, now y'all have
your very own rpm5.org "project" to participate in or trash mouth as you
wish.

Have fun!

Thierry: And you alone were responsible for destroying the "rpm5" brand.

Which now brings us to the M&M distros, because that *IS* what this list is
about.

You've had *MONTHS* to make peace with rpm5 and mostly haven't. rpm5 is
being cited as
a "fiasco" and is blamed for most anything you don't like.

What you don't like has nothing whatsoever to do with this "tourist with
camera"
wandering the dungeons hacking on RPM.

I can tell you that a "fork" is a huge waste of time & energy from first
hand
experience.

I can also say that the M&M distros are more similar than different,
and strongly suggest that you make peace somehow and move on.

We now return you to work in progress ...

73 de Jeff

CD: 3ms