From: Mika Laitio <lamikr <at> pilppa.org>
Subject: fixes for libnss-static-devel and libnspr-static-devel rpm in 2010.2
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.mandrake.cooker.devel
Date: Friday 9th September 2011 23:54:57 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi

Attached patches fixes couple of problems from nss and nspr-static-devel
packages. I have tested them with mandriva 2010.2
but propably similar types of problem is also in 2011. (thought have not
checked). Hopefully they could still be added to updates version folder
of 2010.2.

I have tested these patches by building the static version
of qemu 0.15. Without these patches the static build of qemu 0.15 will
fail:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr --interp-prefix=/usr/share/qemu/qemu-i386
--disable-system --enable-linux-user --static --enable-guest-base
--disable-werror
# make
   LINK  i386-linux-user/qemu-i386
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl3
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsmime3
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnss3
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsoftokn3
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnssutil3
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lplds4
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lplc4
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnspr4

In addition same problem could happen for some other apps
which if they call "pkg-config --libs --static nss" or "pkg-config
--libs --static nspr" commands because the result of those commands
will list the static libraries major number included in their names.

Belowe is the description of the patches and what they fix.

1) libnspr-static-devel package was not available at all.
add_libnspr-static-devel.patch adds the support for creating
libnspr-static-devel package during the build of nspr.

This solves these three libs:
+%{_libdir}/libnspr4.a
+%{_libdir}/libplc4.a
+%{_libdir}/libplds4.a

2) libsoftokn.a/libsoftokn3.a libraries were missing from the original
    libnss-static-devel rpm package. In addition all other static
    libraries were installed only without version number.
    (ie only libss.a for example but not the libssl3.a that the
     pkg-config --libs --static reports for example)

    add_missing_libs_to_libnss-static-devel-rpm.patch fixes this
    by installing those missing libs with major version number included.
    For backward compatibility also the previous libnames without major
    number are created as a symlinks. (for example /usr/lib/libssl.a ->
libssl3.a)

I have tested that after these patches the static version of qemu worked
ok. Static version is needed when using osc build system for
building the apps for example for arm.

Mika

CD: 3ms