From: Edward Mendelson <em36-WLbs8XpHrcb2fBVCVOL8/A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Non-bolded display of second VGA font bank?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.msdos.dosemu.devel
Date: Sunday 15th April 2012 18:57:58 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello,

I wonder if there is any possibility of fixing a minor problem in
DOSEMU? WordPerfect for DOS (and I believe some other applications) has
an option to use a 512-character VGA font, using a second "bank" for the
second font; this second bank seems to replace the bold font available
for normal VGA.

DOSEMU can display this second bank (i.e., it can display 512
character), but the "upper" 256 characters display in bold. For an
illustration of the problem, please see this post on the DOSBox forum,
where DOSBox displays exactly the same problem that DOSEMU displays:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=26731

As you can see from the screen shots, VirtualPC displays the
512-character font correctly. The illustration that I posted for DOSBox
shows the behavior also shown by DOSEMU.

Is there any possibility of fixing this?

Thank you!

Edward Mendelson
Contributing Editor
PC Magazine