From: Robert L Krawitz <rlk <at> alum.mit.edu>
Subject: escputil
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.printing.gimp-print.devel
Date: Saturday 1st October 2005 18:52:58 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I've improved escputil -i and -e as follows:

1) For ink colors, I'm now indexing off m1 in the header (ink
   cartridge name) rather than m2 (ink color).  The ink cartridge name
   appears to be more constant across different printers than the ink
   color.  I noticed this with the R2400 in particular (which I'm
   trying to get started on).

2) I've made the column format identical for all ink commands on all
   printers (the column widths had been different).

3) It now recognizes a variety of single-cartridge printers (such as
   the 870 and the C44) and returns extended ink information for those
   printers.

--
Robert Krawitz

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail [email protected]

--Eric Crampton