Robert L Krawitz | 1 Oct 20:52 2005
Picon

escputil

I've improved escputil -i and -e as follows:

1) For ink colors, I'm now indexing off m1 in the header (ink
   cartridge name) rather than m2 (ink color).  The ink cartridge name
   appears to be more constant across different printers than the ink
   color.  I noticed this with the R2400 in particular (which I'm
   trying to get started on).

2) I've made the column format identical for all ink commands on all
   printers (the column widths had been different).

3) It now recognizes a variety of single-cartridge printers (such as
   the 870 and the C44) and returns extended ink information for those
   printers.

Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk <at> alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf <at> uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton