From: Ken Solomon <kensol <at> internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: Firewire Kernel Problems with Fedora 7
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
Date: Sunday 10th June 2007 07:21:28 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Saturday June 9 2007 10:37:32 pm Manal Helal wrote:
> Hi
>

> after installing Kino, I am having
> problems capturing files because of this message:
>

> WARNING: *raw1394 kernel module not loaded or failure to read/write
> *
> /*dev/raw1394*!

To get my camera (JVC GR-DVL510EA) working in F7, I did the
following...

sudo modprobe fw-ohci

Connect the camera.

Change permissions on device file - see below.

Start kino - The camera should be shown and operational now.

I've also changed permission on file "/dev/fwX" (/dev/fw0 on my machine)
to allow non-root access to the firewire device.
I've edited "/etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms" and then I
ran "sudo pam_console_apply" afterwards to achieve this.

--
Ken