Yamaban | 16 Apr 09:33 2011
Picon

Re: Changing the volume with kmix and qdbus

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 07:45, Malte Gell <malte.gell <at> ...> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I want to access kmix with qdbus from the command line, but I have not much
> clue about D-Bus so I wonder about the right syntax.
>
> I see I have the kmix D-Bus running:
>
> qdbus org.kde.kmix
>
> /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/increase_volume
> /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/decrease_volume
>
> What is now the correct qdbus command to change volume?

Ah! found it: (search via qdbusviewer helps)

qdbus [--system] [--literal] [servicename] [path] [method] [args]

used with

qdbus org.kde.kmix /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/increase_volume

gives you a long list
method void com.trolltech.Qt.QAction.trigger()

result up:

qdbus org.kde.kmix \
  /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/increase_volume com.trolltech.Qt.QAction.trigger

and down:

qdbus org.kde.kmix \
  /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/decrease_volume com.trolltech.Qt.QAction.trigger

don't forget toggle mute:

qdbus org.kde.kmix \
  /kmix/KMixWindow/actions/mute com.trolltech.Qt.QAction.trigger

HTH, Yamaban out.

Gmane