Carlos E. R. | 16 Nov 17:21 2010

Procmail is not mantained

Hi,

I have been told by the fetchmail people that procmail has been without
upstream maintenance for years (10 years!), and they strongly recomend
using maildrop instead. Wikipedia concurs on this.

I'd be happy to keep using procmail, but the abandoware status for an
important package scares me. A lot.

Does openSUSE have a recomendation on this, as a project?

I've been checking this, but maildrop depends on the entire courier-imap
package - this won't do. I'm told that there is no such dependecy, on
source. Can this dependency be removed?

Or do you want a Bugzilla report instead?

Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.

Gmane