Mike Gabriel | 14 Nov 22:57 2012

Re: nx-libs break make install

Hi Jan,

On Mi 14 Nov 2012 20:46:16 CET Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>> [patch]
>> Committed:
>>  <at> all-packagers: please send in your patches against the revisited tarball
>> installation method, so that we can quickly release with all your
>> patches in it. Also, if your packages install well again after
>> adapting to the
>> new tarball installer, please report back, so that I can stop waiting for
>> patches and release
> There's more ! <at> #$% spooky action with nx-libs- that I am not
> happy about. Suddenly it installs into /usr/local and there is no
> obvious way to make it not do that. I already do
>  make install PREFIX=/usr PROJECTROOT=/usr
> and it still squats in /usr/local.

For Debian packaging I patch one file:

Of course, it would be much nicer to have the tarball much more
configurable, but currently it is a matter of time here.

The last versions installed to /usr/NX3, from my perspective a far
worse location...

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: mike.gabriel <at> das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de