From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel <at> das-netzwerkteam.de>
Subject: Re: locale problem
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel
Date: Saturday 19th January 2013 09:44:10 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi Andreas,

On Fr 18 Jan 2013 19:02:04 CET Andreas Radke wrote:

> I have a problem with the locale in my client session. I have set the
> locale on my remote client and on the server to "de_DE.UTF-8". This
> also works well in OpenNX sessions but with X2goclient I see within the
> client session nothing translated into German due to the locale not
> applied well. Within the remote client session in any terminal I get
> this:
>
> [...]
>
> Any idea?

Do you have the code from x2goserver.git/x2goserver-xsession in place?
It may well be that server-side evironment variable defaults will not
be set with the x2goserver-xsession code in place.

> More people seem affected in Arch by this:

Taking this post into consideration, I would rather say... Get the
issue fixed with SSH and then it works with X2Go.

> Note: the x2go-qt client itself is properly working and translated on
> the client.

Ack.

Mike

--