Oleksandr Shneyder | 13 Feb 15:49 2013
Picon

Re: parec?

Hi Morty,

This code is only executed on Windows, On linux "parecTunnelOk" is
always "false"

Now I have disabled this code for not Windows system at all:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=b3121c46cd4494b6d15cf644292f290bf0dadc91

regards,
Alex

Am 13.02.2013 15:12, schrieb Moritz Struebe:
> Hi Alex,
>
> has this been fixed yet, or should I file a bug?
>
> Cheers
> Morty
>

> On 2012-11-21 15:50, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>> Hm,
>>
>> The reason was buggy pulseaudio on windows. If you don't use input
>> device at several first seconds, input will not work any more. I know,
>> it is a dirty hack to start parec for 1 sec., but it works. Originally,
>> this code should be executed only on windows. I don't know which patch
>> have changed this behaviour. I'll fix it. Thank you for your report, Morty.
>>
>> regards,
>> Alex
>>
>> Am 21.11.2012 09:21, schrieb Moritz Struebe:
>>> Hi Alex, Mike(?)
>>>
>>> I just saw parec running and producing unneeded traffic.
>>>
>>> In onmainwindow.cpp:10577ff it says:
>>>                 QString scmd="PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG=~/.x2go/C-"+
>>>                  resumingSession.sessionId+
>>>                  "/.pulse-client.conf "+
>>>                  "parec 1> /dev/null & sleep 1 && kill %1";
>>>
>>> What is the rationale behind this code? As far as I understand it, parec
>>> is supposed to run for one second. I'm not sure that that is what the
>>> code does.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Morty

Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email:  oleksandr.shneyder <at> obviously-nice.de
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - everywhere <at> home