From: Anders Bruun Olsen <abo <at> dsl.dk>
Subject: Re: Bug#228: Mount MTP on thinclients
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel
Date: Wednesday 12th June 2013 09:57:56 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Okay, fair enough. It seems that gvfs does indeed mount the MTP device
under /run/user/USERNAME/gvfs (wasn't listed with just the mount command,
but is in /proc/mounts). But I don't think getting gvfs to play nicely with
the rest of the x2gothinclient setup is worth the trouble. It might also be
problematic as there is no way for the user to tell gvfs to mount the MTP
device. It needs to be automatic. I think go-mtpfs might be the solution,
but I am unable to test it today, as I am away from my work machine, where
I have the before mentioned VM setup.

2013/6/12 Nable 80

> Hi, Anders.
> > MTP is handled by an updated gvfs and is accessible in Nautilus, but
> does not get mounted as a part of the filesystem in a way that is
available
> outside Nautilus
> Are you sure that it doesn't appear as part of VFS? Open MTP in
> Nautilus and then do `cat /proc/mounts' in terminal (if you haven't
> tried it yet), look for entries that seems to belong to gvfs. I don't
> have any MTP devices but, for example, samba shares that are opened
> via gvfs appear in VFS via (AFAIR) FUSE.
>
> 2013/6/12, Anders Bruun Olsen :
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > I have setup a virtual machine running Ubuntu 12.04 to test out MTP and
> > have found out that it is quite annoying to deal with. mtpfs does not
> work
> > out-of-the-box. A Google-employee has made go-mtpfs, which supposedly
> works
> > better, but I have yet to experiment with it. With normal mtpfs it
seems
> > that you need to setup udev rules for your specific device, meaning
that
> it
> > can't be used as a catch-all solution for MTP devices. I will try to
> > experiment with go-mtpfs and see if it can work as a general solution
> > without having to do specific udev rules for all devices.
> >
> > As a side-note, on my Ubuntu 13.04 desktop, MTP is handled by an
updated
> > gvfs and is accessible in Nautilus, but does not get mounted as a part
of
> > the filesystem in a way that is available outside Nautilus. Which is
why
> > haven't actually played with mtpfs before, despite having an MTP device
> :)
> >

> > 2013/6/10 Mike Gabriel
> >
> >> reassign #228 x2gousbmount
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> Hi Anders,
> >>

> >> On Mo 10 Jun 2013 11:38:29 CEST Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
> >>
> >>  Package: x2gothinclientmanagement

> be
Android-phones).