From: Stefan Baur <newsgroups.mail2 <at> stefanbaur.de>
Subject: Re: x2go for android
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel
Date: Monday 23rd September 2013 12:16:39 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Am 23.09.2013 13:39, schrieb Anders Bruun Olsen:
> I would say you should work on getting nxproxy working on Android,
> before bothering with PulseAudio. But you should start with getting an
> X-server and SSH with X forwarding running. Somebody recently posted a
> link to a (somewhat?) working X-server for Android. You could probably
> start there and try adding SSH to the mix.

Just as a quick feedback/FYI:

I recently tried out the X server mentioned in the other thread
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.darkside.XServer&hl=en),

in combination with VX Connect, a ConnectBot fork. X was tunneled
through the SSH connection for my tests.
It was just a short, maybe 5-minute test run, nothing too fancy. Started
a few apps and checked if they'd show up.

Seemed to work reasonably well on the LAN.
This was, of course, an unaccellerated connection, no fancy x2go/nx
stuff involved.

Test environment was a Motorola Milestone 2 (European "Droid 2") with
the stock Android 2.3.4+MotoBlur.

Server was Debian Squeeze (currently "oldstable").

-Stefan

CD: 53ms