From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel <at> das-netzwerkteam.de>
Subject: upcoming changes for shadow session names in X2Go Server 4.1.x.y
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel
Date: Wednesday 13th November 2013 11:33:34 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi all,

I have today made a change to the naming of desktop sharing / shadow
sessions in X2Go.

Earlier, I already added a script x2golistshadowsessions. Yesterday, I
realized that it works for the wrong user. It works for the user who
is sharing his/her desktop session. But it actually was intended for
the user who requests desktop sharing. Note that
x2golistshadowsessions is only used from PyHoca-GUI's desktop sharing
feature. The x2golistshadowsessions command is not available in
x2goserver below version 4.1.0.0.

Today then, I wrote a patch for X2Go Server (x2goserver.git, master
branch) that changes the session names of desktop sharing sessions.

Until now:
----------
--_stS0XSHADXSHADPP_dp

 From now on:
------------
--_stS0XSHADXSHADPP_dp

With this change x2golistshadowsessions shows shadow sessions to the
user who requested the shadow session. This fixes crashing desktop
sharing sessions in PyHoca-GUI, btw. It also transparently works with
X2Go Client.

Feedback? Comments?

Greets,
Mike