Stephane Mutz | 17 Jan 09:40 2013

Re: Installing extra fonts

Hi,

No, it is really a font selection issue in this case.

The application allows to select other fonts for the GUI
but the list only gives a single font.

I have fixed the issue by installing the font directory of VcXsrv
from the VcXsrv release.

Regards, Stéphane.

On 01/16/2013 06:12 PM, Terje Andersen wrote:

Hi,

On 2013 1 16 15:04, Stéphane Mutz (BLINKSIGHT) <stephane.mutz-KGfG88kLandR0G4FFNCX/g@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm facing a problem with a CAD application we are using.
>
> The application fonts are unreadable (too small and text is overwiriting
> itself).

In the x2goclieny change the dpi to something higher, I use 110 from windows which I'm happy with.

> This application seems to use the primitive X mechanism for fonts. When used
> with an X2go client on Linux, everything is fine. xlsfonts also reports
> a large choice
> of fonts. But when used with an X2go windows client, the problem appears
> and xlsfonts
> reports only a handful of fonts available.
>
> After reading some NX articles, my understanding is that only the fonts
> available both
> on the client (Windows) and server side are reported.
>
> Is there a way to install extra fonts for the local (client) X server on
> windows?

This should not be necessary for this issue, if I understand the issue properly.

> Regards, Stéphane.

Regards,
Terje

      No, it is really a font selection issue in this case.<br><br>
      The application allows to select other fonts for the GUI<br>
      but the list only gives a single font.<br><br>
      I have fixed the issue by installing the font directory of VcXsrv<br>
      from the VcXsrv release.<br><br>
      Regards, St&eacute;phane.<br><br>
      On 01/16/2013 06:12 PM, Terje Andersen wrote:<br>
        wrote:<br>
        &gt;<br>
        &gt; Hello,<br>
        &gt;<br>
        &gt; I'm facing a problem with a CAD application we are using.<br>
        &gt;<br>
        &gt; The application fonts are unreadable (too small and text is
        overwiriting<br>
        &gt; itself).<br>
        &gt;</p>
        from windows which I'm happy with.</p>
        for fonts. When used<br>
        &gt; with an X2go client on Linux, everything is fine. xlsfonts
        also reports<br>
        &gt; a large choice<br>
        &gt; of fonts. But when used with an X2go windows client, the
        problem appears<br>
        &gt; and xlsfonts<br>
        &gt; reports only a handful of fonts available.<br>
        &gt;<br>
        &gt; After reading some NX articles, my understanding is that
        only the fonts<br>
        &gt; available both<br>
        &gt; on the client (Windows) and server side are reported.<br>
        &gt;<br>
        &gt; Is there a way to install extra fonts for the local
        (client) X server on<br>
        &gt; windows?<br>
        &gt;</p>
        the issue properly.</p>