From: nigra truo <nigratruo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: connection failed xhost: unable to open display (again)
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Thursday 17th January 2013 19:24:15 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi,

I have had a few mails months back for this issue. It was from a Windows 7
machine to a Debian Squeeze X2goserver.
After a long time of no problems, the problem is back. I could narrow it
down a little though:

The problem seems to be on the x2goserver, as I get the same error message
even when connecting from a Linux system, EVEN if I connect on the
x2goserver as another user.
I also noticed that it works for user Z, I can open a session. But
currently never for user Y.

What can be wrong with user Y that it does not work for that one? Also, is
there more logging in x2go? I find absolutely nothing on the server (does
the x2goserver do any logging at all?) and the client just says connecting,
waits for some time and then fails with this error message.

I totally depend on this system to work, as I log into it on a daily basis
to work and currently am stuck (x2go usually works very solid, that is why
I come to depend on it so much). I would be grateful for any pointers to
get this working again.

Markus

CD: 3ms