Mike Gabriel | 13 Feb 16:59 2013
Picon

Re: Using X2Go Plugin on non-Debian systems

Hi Bernhard,

On Mi 13 Feb 2013 12:04:09 CET "Bernhard J. Mayr" wrote:

> Hi!
> So as far as I comprehend the usage of the web-plugin, it runs only on
> Linux-based systems and it needs to be installed on the server as well
> as on the client?

the plugin has to be installed on the client.

On the server (actually any server with httpd, not necessarily one of
your X2Go Servers) you put an html file (like [1]) that triggers the
x2goplugin in the browser window and also provides a session profile
configuration to x2goplugin.

> Are there any plans to develop plugins for other os (e.g. iOs, Win,
> Android...) too? Or probably a java-based plattform independet client?

The plugin compiles on Linux, Mac OS and Windows. As we do not have
X2Go Client on the other named platforms, there will neither be the
x2goplugin. Due to limited X11 support on iOS and Android, there are
no plans to port X2Go to those platforms.

> Thanks, Bernhard

Greets,
Mike

PS: I just took a quick glance at your own project (elexis austria)... NICE!!!

[1]
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=blob;f=provider/share/x2goplugin.html

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM